Underwriting Support Assistant
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
|Supports producers and underwriting staff on new business applications by gathering, processing, and entering information needed by underwriting staff to determine coverage and rating offers; responsible for policy issue, delivery and post issue requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy and completeness of applications to include premium handling; is thorough when performing reviews and conscientious about attention to detail to ensure a high quality product to customers.
- Relationship manager for internal and external customers; provides information and researches, analyzes and resolves problems to satisfy customer expectations; provides high quality customer service by remaining knowledgeable of current guidelines and practices.
- Meets or exceeds time service, quality and customer service expectations as defined by management; ensures timely responses to internal and external customers submitted via phone, email and workflow systems.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers; verbal and written communication is clear, concise and professional; uses appropriate grammar and spelling in written correspondence.
- Uses various databases to document reporting requirements and system generated reports. Accesses various other systems to provide information required by underwriting and maintains and retrieves underwriting files.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Experience working in customer service
- Experience with word-processing and email
- Strong written and verbal communication; uses sound judgment
- Able to create and build relationships with customers
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask effectively, work under pressure, meet deadline requirements and be flexible to meet changing customer needs.
- Demonstrates learning agility in key job functions, takes end to end ownership of assigned work load
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
March 14, 2018
| Date Closes
March 21, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category