HR EEO/AA Compliance Consultant
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
Provides leadership and guidance on EEO/Affirmative Action. Analyzes, develops, recommends, and implements EEO/AA programs that are in keeping with objectives and which ensure compliance with current legal and regulatory requirements. Serves as a subject matter expert and partners with the Talent Acquisition team, as well as other areas, to carry out initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage EEO/AA compliance requirements, including Affirmative Action and outreach programs. Develop and implement corporate-wide policies, processes and practices to support such requirements.
- Analyze employment data such as applicant flow, hires, promotions, transfers, terminations and training, according to EEO, federal, state and city requirements. Prepare annual EEO-1 Reports and other Federal and State EEO Reports.
- Conduct research, data collection and analysis to develop recommendations on initiatives relating to EEO/ AAP/Diversity including outreach, benchmarking, metrics, glass ceiling, exit surveys, turnover, and recruiting. Create action oriented programs aligned to EEO/AA objectives and measure progress against those objectives.
- Regularly audit internal procedures to ensure consistency and adherence to OFCCP requirements and to mitigate risk. Collaborate with talent acquisition team to facilitate and ensure process improvement, effective implementation and best practices to integrate execution and continued improvement of ongoing initiatives.
- Provide lead support during Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) and other federal and/or state agency audits.
- Identify, develop and deliver training on a variety of EEO/AA topics, including EEO/AA compliance, discrimination and harassment.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the talent acquisition team and other HR partners, Law Operation, business unit leaders and other key stakeholders to ensure compliance programs are effectively communicated, implemented and support the attainment of corporate goals and objectives.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 5 years comprehensive knowledge in specific HR function(s) related to or including affirmative action, recruitment and/or legal and regulatory compliance.
- Previous experience with a federal contractor applying thorough knowledge of EEO/AAP compliance requirements and federal EEO laws including Executive Order 11246, Title VII, Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Ability to analyze data and recommend actionable improvements to current business needs using appropriate and varied interventions.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to utilize appropriate software/systems to perform functions.
- Leadership skills that include sound judgment, initiative and coaching to foster the development of others.
- Existing relationships with local and/or national organizations related to EEO/AA compliance.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
November 28, 2017
| Date Closes
December 28, 2017
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category