Regional Securities Supervision Principal
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
Essential Job Functions:
A Regional Securities Supervision Principal supervises the sales activities of MOIS Registered Representatives and OSJ's in assigned regions. Communicates regularly with RR and OSJ's regarding compliance regulations; coordinates with securities compliance team on audits; serves as expert resource on compliance questions and issues; and documenting monthly activities and status of investigations. This position has a direct reporting relationship to the Manager of Securities Supervision and a coordination relationship with the Securities Compliance department of Mutual of Omaha.
- Supervises sales activity of Registered Representatives (including investment advisor representatives) and Offices of Supervisory
- Jurisdiction in assigned region
- Principally reviews new accounts for suitability and firm acceptance; Reviews and ensures resolution of items in the suitability and transaction systems
- Reviews designated daily, periodic/quarterly and yearly activity reports generated in house and by clearing firm for suitability, churning, excessive commissions, switching, missed breakpoints, recommended transactions in designated securities, improper licensing and other supervisory issues.
- Investigates questionable transactions and audit determinations and takes corrective actions which may require client and/or RR contact
- Provides input to Securities Compliance branch examinations
- Provides guidance regarding compliance questions from Registered Representatives, office staff and home office employees
- Provides monthly report to Manager of Securities Supervision that includes a summary of all report reviews, follow up completed, open issues and status of any investigations
- Reviews and approves of OBA, monitors gifts and non-cash compensation and monitors outside brokerage account activity for
- Registered Representatives in assigned region
- Reviews and approves of incoming and outgoing correspondence (including email surveillance), U4 acceptance and any other items requiring principal approval.
- Assists in the development/distribution of the MOIS Firm Element content including the presentation of the Annual Compliance
- Meetings with Registered Representatives and OSJ's.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- At least two years of work experience in a supervision/compliance role (or other applicable securities industry experience)
- FINRA Series 7 and 24 required
- FINRA Series 53 and 66 (or 63/65) registrations, or be willing to obtain within 90 days of entry into job
- Eligible to become and remain bonded
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public
- Ability to maintain effective performance under conditions such as pressure of tight deadlines, rigorous questioning of their work, and opposition and criticism from parties disagreeing with proposals
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple and diverse complex assignments/projects simultaneously
- Strong ability to lead and manage teams in resolution of issues
- Ability to analyze sales activities and exception reports to determine if activity falls within firm and regulatory guidelines
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, customers and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to investigate sales activity through research, interviews and analysis
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to make rule based and analytical decisions
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to be at work on a regular and predictable basis
- Work schedule flexibility based on time zone differences in assigned regions
- Must possess strong knowledge of FINRA, SEC, and MSRB rules and regulations.
- 3-5 years of supervision/compliance experience within securities industry
- FINRA Series 4 preferred
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
October 19, 2017
| Date Closes
December 18, 2017
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category