This job posting is reflective of the Systems Engineer essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr Systems Engineer level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family
The Enterprise Reporting, Analytics and Forecasting team is currently seeking a Middleware Developer to support our operations in Omaha NE. The team is responsible for modernizing, developing and supporting reporting, analytics and forecasting systems (Tableau, SAS, Business Objects). This candidate will have the opportunity to work our business partners to understand their needs and develop technical solutions that streamline and improve our processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for Operating Systems, Transactions Managers or Middleware installation.
- Java experience would be a plus!
- Participate in capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Participate in Systems Life Cycle Management through monitoring, measuring, maintaining Operating Systems, Transactions Managers, Enterprise Applications and Middleware software.
- Adhere to Change Management, Incident Management, Configuration Management policies and procedures.
- Manage and scale systems to meet business demands by providing a stable secure infrastructure
- Evaluates vendor supplied system software packages and make recommendations to IT management.
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- Willingness to embrace change, try new things and learn from those experiences.
- Pursue ways to simplify and streamlines processes.
- Value learning development and growth
- Take ownership of results and responsibility for actions individually and for team.
- Have a passion for success, can do attitude and bias for action.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
Individuals in this position have deep technical skills within a single domain and some breadth of knowledge across domains. They typically perform moderately complex systems activities independently within a single domain, but are occasionally inter-domain. In order to build a balanced organization with complementary skills, positions in this job family vary in the depth of technical skills and the breadth of knowledge, skills and competencies beyond one technology domain.
- -Cluster installation, upgrades, and operations
- -Ensure cluster health
- -Back up key databases and configuration
- -Partner with Hadoop developers and architects to enable the business
- -Onboard new users
- -Define YARN resource constraints for teams and projects
- -Perform common Linux administration tasks
- 2-3 years professional experience or relevant work experience.
- Extensive experience in Linux
- At least 2 years of experience with YARN scheduling
- At least 2 years’ experience running an Enterprise Hadoop Cluster (2.x)
- At least 2 years of experience “killing” Hadoop jobs
- At least 2 years of experience identifying and resolving HDFS corruption
- Experience with dealing with dead namenodes and datanodes
- Knowledge of Java based applications
- Experience with java based web application server
- Experience with apache HTTP server
- Experience setting secure communication channels (SSL, certificate and key management)
- Experience in shell scripting
- Technical Knowledge: Strong understanding of assigned technologies with a focus on analysis, development, modification, installation, testing, maintenance, and documentation.
- Leadership and Authority: Gains authority through trust and respect and sets an example for coworkers; and delegates authority and tasks, and empowers subordinates to make decisions
- Communication: Communicates moderately complex technical concepts to technical audiences and area management and with business and I/S customers as needed to solve problems and install and test moderately complex technical components.
- Negotiation: Obtains agreement or consensus from multiple parties; earns trust and seek win-win solutions; participates in vendor contract negotiations; and manages infrastructure expectations.
- Coaching and Mentoring: Coaches and mentors peers and subordinates
- Planning and Perspective: Performs operational and tactical planning. Use Division, Area, and Team goals and objectives to prioritize work and guide actions.
- Policies, Process and Procedures: Acts in accordance with established guidelines and follows processes and procedures.
- Teamwork: Works with peers, subordinates, Area management, and business customers to build positive relationships and maintain constructive working relationships.
- Initiative: Undertakes activities on their own; communicates status appropriately; anticipates subsequent activities and projects; keeps informed of technology and industry trends and learns and applies new skills and technologies.
- Creativity and Innovation: Sees the bigger picture and articulates multiple solutions to technical problems
- Decisiveness: Makes good technical and operational decisions and shows accountability for those decisions.
- Flexibility: Effectively deals with ambiguity, unexpected events, and changing business, application, and infrastructure requirements; juggles multiple activities, projects, and initiatives simultaneously; and manages technical, political, and organizational fluctuations.
- Operational Excellence: Pursues and encourages Operational Excellence in all endeavors, leading and striving on a routine basis through identification and implementation of continuous process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and/or 3-5 years equivalent experience in IT systems/support engineering.
- Requires a strong technical understanding of Operating Systems, Transactions Managers or Middleware Software, with a focus on analysis, development, modification, installation, testing, maintenance, and documentation of moderately complex Operating Systems upgrades or Middleware installations, as well as the ability to diagnose, isolate, and debug moderately complex Operating System, Transaction Managers or Middleware software problems.