Application Developer- Atlassian Administration
Mutual of Omaha Companies Omaha, NE
| This job posting is reflective of the Application Developer essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. The Application Systems Analyst level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the job family.
Essential Job Functions:
- Gather requirements for business processes, and determine ways to optimize/improve JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket setup and workflows, as well as identify where functionality can/cannot meet user requests.
- Install, manage and administer JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket add-ons, plugins, and extensions.
- Ensure systems are stable and available and that user issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Ability to use monitoring and other tools used to watch/diagnose JIRA/Confluence instances
- Strong focus on Jira Administration involving custom projects, workflows, fields, dashboards and reports configurations
- Administer the JIRA and Confluence instances on a day to day basis including performance tuning/scaling the instances, JIRA tools administration
- Guides and maintains the organization of data in Confluence
- Develop metrics dashboards and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
- Implement Atlassian Tools upgrades, and partner with other IT staff to coordinate infrastructure maintenance and system migrations.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Must have experience with something from the Atlassian suite such as Jira, Confluence or BitBucket.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player, with strong interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with contacts at all levels. Skilled in developing collaborative relationships.
- Excellent decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of Agile and continuous integration practices strongly preferred.
- Groovy scripting, shell scripting and Java development experience preferred.
- Basic MSSQL knowledge and basic queries
- Ability to read and understand database models
- Basic understanding of Linux derived operating systems
- Basic command line navigation and commands used with Linux
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
September 14, 2017
| Date Closes
November 13, 2017
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category