Supervisor Bank Operations-Phoenix, AZ
Mutual of Omaha Companies Phoenix, AZ
Mutual of Omaha Bank is a full-service bank providing
financial solutions to individuals and businesses in communities across the United
States. With more than $8 billion in assets, Mutual of Omaha Bank operates a
network of community bank locations in nine states and reaches customers
nationwide with business and mortgage lending, as well as banking solutions for
property management companies and homeowner associations.
Basic FunctionsSupervises and directs the daily operational support functions of the bank which may include Customer Account support for Branches, Item Processing (Proof), Lockbox Processing, Incoming/Outgoing Returns, Research & Adjustments, ACH/Wire processing, Legal claims, Collections, Cash Vault, Customer Statements, CTRs, Debit/ATM Cards & ATMs, Reg E, Document Imaging, Mail services and various related functions. Provides oversight and guidance to the bank operations support staff, implements bank operations procedures ensuring compliance with bank regulations and regulatory statutes.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversees and manages the development, implementation, and maintenance of the operational and production processes and procedures of the bank. Supervises the processing of assigned functions. Reviews and revises procedures as necessary.
- Assigns and directs the daily work of staff. Monitors and evaluates the job performance of staff including coaching, motivating, and administering corrective action as needed. Interviews, selects, and trains staff. Ensures staff are cross-trained among department functions. Assists manager with planning capital and human resources budgets.
- Interfaces with external vendors and business partners to improve processes and meet customer expectations.
- Coordinates with Finance and Accounting to ensure appropriate General Ledger (GL) accounts remain balanced and makes necessary entries as instructed.
- Performs error research, documentation, and reporting. Acts as subject matter expert for support of complex operations issues and questions. Acts as a liaison with branches for all assigned functions.
- Gathers information and statistics for tracking and reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including department volumes.
- Oversees the creation of regulatory reports. Prepares for scheduled audits or examinations and responses to audit/exam findings. Coordinates and directs implementation of identified changes as a result of audit findings.
- Supports Business Resumption Contingency planning and testing.
- Ensures compliance with banking policies, regulations, and regulatory statutes.
- Develops and maintains an engaged and accountable workforce.
- Develops and maintains a fair and equitable working environment.
- The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required nor will all duties need to be performed by every incumbent.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the financial services industry to include deposit and/or cash management and/or lockbox & item processing
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to provide quality and thorough service
- Thorough knowledge of compliance with federal and state regulations pertaining to the banking industry
- Ability to effectively communicate and make effective presentations to prospective and existing customers and bank associates
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment
- Personal computer skills to include various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, e-commerce, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and consulting skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Sound judgement and decision-making ability, and the ability to work in pressure situations
- Knowledge of various software packages, including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation, and banking systems
- Ability to teach or foster development in others
- Ability to gain compliance in a fair, equitable, non-punishing fashion.
- If you are a qualified
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to
request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or
access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available
Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries,
contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity
/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
| Date Posted
August 11, 2017
| Date Closes
September 10, 2017
| Located In
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories