Mutual of Omaha is a solid, family-oriented company that's reliable, trustworthy, knowledgeable and caring. We are a full-service, multi-line provider of insurance and financial service products for individuals, businesses and groups throughout the United States. We are committed to providing outstanding service to our policyholders and our dedication to customer service is the cornerstone of our vision and values.
Mutual of Omaha is seeking a Financial/Operational Auditor/Senior Auditor to join our internal audit team. The individual who fills this position will conduct moderate to complex operational audit activities supporting the companies' operations in order to contribute to the achievement of the companies' business objectives regarding efficiency and effectiveness of operations, reliability of financial reporting, compliance with applicable laws and regulations and safeguarding of assets.
The Financial/Operational Auditor/Senior Auditor is part of a highly motivated team working within the Mutual of Omaha Internal Audit Division. An individual would be expected to work independently, yet closely with other team members in a cooperative environment. Flexibility, self-motivation, attention to detail, time management over multiple projects and the ability to listen are all key characteristics needed for this position. This person will be expected to effectively present complexinformation in a written format that is clearand concise.
- Research, plan, and perform individual audit assignments in a timely manner, with appropriate documentation of procedure performed and results obtained. There may be involvement in multiple projects at any given time. Audit areas may involve operational, regulatory compliance, financial and advisory/consulting engagements.
- Maintain favorable working relationship with audit customers and outside personnel.
- Develop audit findings that are relevant, complete, and accurate for complex audit assignments. Obtain management agreement on disposition.
- Develop audit reports and memorandums to clearly and accurately reflect the auditwork performed, the results found, and appropriate recommendations in the format prescribed by the Department. Reports and memorandums will often be unique.
- Keep informed of developments in the audit profession and continue to develop professionally to contribute to department expertise. Apply skills, including audit software capabilities, to the performance of key job responsibilities. Assist in training and development of other staff auditors
- This position requires up to 10%travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some over night stays.
- Bachelors degree.
- Minimum of two years of experience in financial/operational auditing withing the banking, insurance, or finance industries or public accounting experience.
- Knowledge of auditing techniques, banking or insurance principles, and information systems/technology fundamentals.
- Knowledge of administrative/financial systems and related control requirements.
- Knowledge ofSarbanes-Oxley, NAIC Model Audit Rule or FDICIAis a plus, including general computer control evaluation experience.
- Understanding of data extraction techniques to include extracting data from multiple sources, platforms, and operating systems.
- Proficiency with Windows-based microcomputer word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent project management skills to enable this position to work independently on multiple projects and to be flexible with the project assignments.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment, inquisitiveness, and strong analytical ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to independently analyze information and determine significant audit issues.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the work period.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Knowledge of data analyses software, Audit Command Language.
- Knowledge of insurance products and services and the respective distribution channels.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran