***WE ARE OPEN TO THIS INDIVIDUAL RESIDING IN EITHER OMAHA, NE OR MINNEAPOLIS, MN. CANDIDATE SHOULD ALSO HAVE A WILLINGNESS TO TRAVEL 50%.***
You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions. Sirius Computer Solutions agrees.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The primary purpose for this position is for design and integration of network based solutions to the client. This position may also provide pre-sales support, customer support and direct quality assurance for all projects assigned.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Installs, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots networking solutions, including but not limited to enterprise-level Cisco route/switch and Security solutions
• Designs, architects and troubleshoots client infrastructure solutions. Transfers technical skills and knowledge to client
• Provides research, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
• Manages solution Quality Assurance (QA) tasks for all projects delivered against assigned project deliverables
• Provides project coordination duties for assigned projects to include providing detailed implementation/migration planning to client, knowing and meeting client timetable, coordinating vendor installations, etc. Facilitates communication between product team members. Proactively monitors and reports status of project efforts, anticipates, and identifies issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implements corrective actions
• Develops and reviews advanced technical manuals for standard install processes that are directly related to specialization and discipline on the job as needed
• Develops and reviews project scope to include work services estimate, services, resource assignments and allocations, and statements of work for assigned projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field
• At least five (5) years of hands-on experience with Cisco route/switch Networking Solutions, including security products such as Cisco, Palo Alto, F5 and Cisco ISE
Other Position Requirements
• Experience designing, architecting, planning and implementing routing, switching and security solutions and strategies
• Experience with protocol stack that includes skills in layer 2/3
• Network design experience, to include demonstrated troubleshooting capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage and escalate technical issues to appropriate vendor support team
• Demonstrated organizational, time-management, problem-solving and follow-up skills
• Demonstrated ability to oversee project work activities
• Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership for a networking team
• Cisco CCNP Routing & Switching certification
• Cisco CCNP Security certification
• Cisco ACI/SDx training/experience
• Consulting experience
• Knowledge of project estimation and scoping experience
The position exists to provide account management services to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position. Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.