Why work for Nebraska Methodist Health System?
At Nebraska Methodist Health System, we focus on providing exceptional care to the communities we serve and people we employ. We call it The Meaning of Care – a culture that has and will continue to set us apart. It’s helping families grow by making each delivery special, conveying a difficult diagnosis with a compassionate touch, going above and beyond for a patient’s needs, or giving a high five when a patient beats a disease or conquers a personal health challenge. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a great work environment where all employees are valued! Most importantly, our employees are part of a team that makes a real difference in the communities we live and work in.
Work Schedule: 11:30a-7:30p three days a week between Mon--Fri. Will work every other weekend, rotate call, and rotate holidays. 24 hours per week.
Performs diagnostic imaging examinations.
Ask your recruiter/hiring manager about the following incentives that may be available for this position:
Essential Job Functions
- Identifies each patient by two identifiers and ensures patient understanding of pending procedure.
- Provides comfort measures and engages patient to obtain optimal cooperation and positioning.
- Correctly identifies anatomical position with use of initialized lead markers.
- Critiques each exam for technical and positional accuracy and makes appropriate corrections if necessary.
- Performs Exams as their priority dictates.
- Provides management of department workflow with minimal assistance or as needed.
- Review orders for clinical and demographic consistency and verifies accuracy.
- Willfully assists physicians, patients, and coworkers as needed during exams.
- Willingly seeks opportunity to provide patient care, or assist others as needed.
- Understand and support the direction and workflow of the department.
- Maintain awareness of ongoing exams and assist co-workers as needed.
- Provide exam information and status updates to pertinent staff members.
- Relieves co-workers from procedures/exams as necessary.
- Be in the department and ready to work at the start of scheduled shift.
- Have processes set in place to allow for leaving at the end of scheduled shift.
- Perform radiology reception duties including but not limited to: Answer phones, schedule appointments, enter orders and reminder calls as needed.
- Perform radiology medical record clerk duties as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of system applications.
- Consistently uses proper system applications for order modification, to document comments and exposures/repeats.
- Starts and completes own exams correctly and in a timely manner.
- Show a working knowledge of Order View/Entry capabilities.
- Consistently uses the Online Worklist to monitor orders and order status.
Articulates and/or demonstrates knowledge of systems.
- Articulates knowledge of Digital Dictation System.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of PACS (picture archiving and communication system).
- Identifies and resolves image exceptions as needed.
- Provides memo comments as needed for study interpretation.
- Ensures proper patient identification on all study images to comply with department policies and procedures.
- Willingly seeks opportunity to provide patient care or assist others as needed.
- Shows knowledge of department guidelines through responsible behavior/actions.
- Report issues/concerns to supervisor as soon as possible and provide assistance with resolution/follow-up.
- Provides and monitors “on the job training” per Methodist College Standards.
- Maintains professional and courteous relationship with students and instructors.
- Provide leadership and guidance for students' education clinical experience.
- Maintains patient confidentiality coinciding with HIPAA.
- Maintain student/co-worker confidentiality coinciding with FERPA.
Provides appropriate care specific to the age of the patient to ensure understanding and comfort level of treatment as outlined in the “Age Specific Criteria”.
- Successfully completes annual Age Specific Competency Quiz.
11:30a-7:30p three days a week between Mon--Fri. Will work every other weekend, rotate call, and rotate holidays. 24 hours per week.
- Diploma/Associate degree from approved American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (AART) School of Radiology Technology required.
- Bachelor degree from approved American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (AART) School of Radiology Technology preferred.
- 1 year of experience in Radiology is preferred.
- Current and maintained license from the Department of Public Health (RAD.NE or RAD.IA) required for the work state.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) registered or board eligible required.
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) strongly preferred at time of hire, required within 3 months of hire.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate and interact with patients and family members as well as providers and coworkers.
- Must have analytical skills necessary to manage exposure factors and the ability to perform numerous tasks at once.
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Rare (1-33%): -
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Frequent (67%-100%):
- Biological agents (primary air born & blood borne viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF).
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-Ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc).
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means).
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations.
- Note: Safety Officer can assist with identification of job hazards.
Nebraska Methodist Health System is made up of four hospitals in Nebraska and southwest Iowa, more than 30 clinic locations, a nursing and allied health college, and a medical supply distributorship and central laundry facility. From the day Methodist Hospital was chartered in 1891, service to our communities has been a top priority. Financial assistance, health education, outreach to our diverse communities and populations, and other community benefit activities have always been central to our mission.
Nebraska Methodist Health System is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law.