Why work for Nebraska Methodist Health System?
At Nebraska Methodist Health System, we focus on providing exceptional care to the communities we serve and people we employ. We call it The Meaning of Care – a culture that has and will continue to set us apart. It’s helping families grow by making each delivery special, conveying a difficult diagnosis with a compassionate touch, going above and beyond for a patient’s needs, or giving a high five when a patient beats a disease or conquers a personal health challenge. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a great work environment where all employees are valued! Most importantly, our employees are part of a team that makes a real difference in the communities we live and work in.
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm, hybrid; onsite at least 1 day/week
Responsible for the entire day-to-day administration of assigned applications, including troubleshooting and resolving problems as they arise; developing plans and processes designed to improved long-term capabilities of system; ensuring applications are operating correctly at all times without over-utilizing resources and configured in accordance with vendor specifications; developing new tools and procedures aimed at making application maintenance more effective and efficient, identifying processes that can be automated.
Incident and Problem Management
- Respond with a sense of urgency to problems escalated to employee's level.
- Escalate to supervisor any situation outside the employee's control that could adversely impact the services being provided.
- Ensure quality resolution and thorough and accurate documentation of customer issues.
- Provide analysis and feedback to management staff and appropriate departments regarding recurring problems, recommending improvements aimed at reducing future occurrences of problems.
- Participate in creating, administering, and continuously updating procedures for resolution of all related issues.
- Is consistent in quality, documentation, communication and follow through of incidents and problems.
- Provides on-call availability to support applications as required.
- Communicates with the appropriate individuals prior to reassigning an incident.
Application Implementation, Maintenance, and Requests
- Responsible for a variety of functions associated with maximizing system performance and reducing unscheduled maintenance while adhering to corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
- Analyzes, monitors and establishes procedures for applications and the operations of platforms.
- Work with assigned individuals on system requests, gathering information and completing the request in a timely manner.
- Complete service desk requests pertaining to enterprise applications.
- Works with customer to establish reasonable dates for requests and is accountable to those dates.
- Deploys and configures applications in a manner that meets user requirements.
- Conforms to Health System standards related to change management.
- Test application changes for technical acceptance and facilities user testing for functional acceptance.
- Works with the team for guidance on technical best practices.
- Performs proactive care and feeding for applications.
- Participate in hardware requirements gathering to support applications.
- Perform server patching in accordance with established schedules.
- Demonstrates knowledge related to multi-tier applications including Client, Server, Database, and Peripherals.
- Assist in the analysis of end user requirements evaluating if system configuration is possible with existing resources and managing end user expectations.
- Configure and maintain assigned system architecture to ensure platform or system is operating correctly at all times without over-utilizing resources.
Vendor and Customer Relations
- Interacts with customers and vendors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Initiates regular interaction with business and stakeholders to understand needs.
- Recognizes and practices a selfless approach to customer service towards our own team, the division, and our customers.
- Displays exemplary customer service skills in difficult situations.
- Keeps stakeholders informed on status of all activities on a frequent, regular and timely basis.
- Functions as a liaison between vendors, customers, and information technology staff.
- Works with customers to understand business process as it relates to the applications we support.
Project Management and Participation
- Develops and manages plans for tasks or activities with low levels of complexity.
- Works closely with project lead on assigned tasks.
- Routinely attends project meetings and provides status on assigned tasks.
- Review and provide estimated efforts and timeframes required for each project.
- Participate in system implementations providing support in a timely and accurate manner.
Teamwork and Documentation
- Updates system documentation in designated systems as new issues and fixes are identified.
- Defines and implements support procedures and protocols for Desktop, Service Desk, and other team members.
- Defines, develops, and implements procedures for application maintenance.
- Does not exhibit territorialism toward responsibilities.
- Shares responsibilities and knowledge with any/all team members, and learns from them in return.
- Displays enthusiasm for being involved in team efforts and builds trust within the team.
- Accepts and fosters the idea of "one team" across the IT Division.
- Provides adequate notification to manager and peers for scheduling out-of-office events to assure proper coverage is in place.
Growth, Initiative, Research and Development
- Actively engages in identifying training opportunities and works with manager to coordinate.
- Promotes and supports initiative within the team.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Consistently looks for and takes initiative to increase the quality of the work done by the team.
- Focuses on "can" rather than "cannot".
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm, hybrid; onsite at least 1 day/week
- Associate's Degree with emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or MIS required.
- Relevant equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree.
- For IT Data Center department - Minimum of 1 year experience in application administration or system administration required.
- For Business & Clinical Systems Development department: Minimum of 6 months to 1 year of experience working in an IT related field such as programmer or analyst. Requires the ability to gather functional and technical information, to analyze, define and complete request specifications and resolve system issues.
- Technical requirements will vary based on scope of responsibility for the following:
- Lawson Administration and Development
- Application Security
- KRONOS Administration
- IIS Administration
- Healthcare Industry Application Management (e.g. PACS)
- Windows Server Management
- Payroll and financial systems
- MS SQL database
- MS SCCM
- SharePoint experience
- Application packaging and deployment
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities and set/meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills including effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain customer satisfaction through collaboration, communication and consistent service.
- Ability to modify work behavior and work activities in response to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles.
- Ability to keep current on issues, practices and processes related to information technology and assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to manage problems, organize work and determine best course of action.
- Medium Light Work - Exerting up to 35 pounds of force.
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Rare (1-33%):
Nebraska Methodist Health System is made up of four hospitals in Nebraska and southwest Iowa, more than 30 clinic locations, a nursing and allied health college, and a medical supply distributorship and central laundry facility. From the day Methodist Hospital was chartered in 1891, service to our communities has been a top priority. Financial assistance, health education, outreach to our diverse communities and populations, and other community benefit activities have always been central to our mission.
Nebraska Methodist Health System is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law.