Why work for Nebraska Methodist Health System?
At Nebraska Methodist Health System, we focus on providing exceptional care to the communities we serve and people we employ. We call it The Meaning of Care – a culture that has and will continue to set us apart. It’s helping families grow by making each delivery special, conveying a difficult diagnosis with a compassionate touch, going above and beyond for a patient’s needs, or giving a high five when a patient beats a disease or conquers a personal health challenge. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a great work environment where all employees are valued! Most importantly, our employees are part of a team that makes a real difference in the communities we live and work in.
Job Summary:Work Schedule: 6pm to 6am
1. Supports the physician and other providers in the care and treatment of patients, incl. rooming the patient; communicating delays to patient, provider and team members; and facilitating the provider's schedule.
2. Performs duties and responsibilities with excellence, enthusiasm, great service orientation demonstrating courteous behaviors and mannerisms and by anticipating physician and other medical provider’s needs.
3. Practices within scope of practice perimeters as inferred by licensure, standard nursing practice, knowledge, and skill level.
4. Performs routine and specialized nursing procedures following physician's orders.
5. Assists physician with exams, treatments and minor surgery, by preparing patient and room for a specific procedure and attending patient during procedure.
6. Records info in patient's medical chart, e.g., patient's history, physical data, vital signs, symptoms, treatments, exams, meds administered.
7. Applies principles of infection control.
8. Laboratory: Has direct oversight of laboratory services including equipment.
9. Works in collaboration with lab services at Methodist Fremont Health to assure meets Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) requirements.
10. Ensures quality controls are delegated and maintained.
11. Radiology (If needed): Assures clinic and staff comply with radiation safety standards.
12. Schedules clinical staff according to protocols and provider workloads to assure proper coverage for clinic operations. Utilizes clinical staff in an efficient manner.
13. Orders and stocks clinic supplies, vaccines and pharmaceuticals.
14. Assures that daily clinic operational requirements are completed and documented.
15. Reports issues and concerns to supervisor in a timely fashion.
16. Ensures staff maintain clinical competencies.
6pm to 6am
Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing required.
1-3 years of health care experience preferred, but new graduates are considered.
Current Nebraska License Practical Nurse (LPN) state license required.
Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) strongly preferred to have at time of hire, required within 3 months of hire.
Knowledge of nursing practices and principles, medications and effects, charting and notes.
Knowledge of the operation and use of equipment and manual dexterity.
Ability to apply nursing practices and principles.
Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with staff, patients, visitors, physicians and other departments.
Ability to learn and adapt to changing nursing practices.
Ability to apply positive patient relations when dealing with patients, staff, physicians or the public.
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
Explosives (pressurized gas)
Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) Blood or Body Fluid (BBF)
Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
Nebraska Methodist Health System is made up of four hospitals in Nebraska and southwest Iowa, more than 30 clinic locations, a nursing and allied health college, and a medical supply distributorship and central laundry facility. From the day Methodist Hospital was chartered in 1891, service to our communities has been a top priority. Financial assistance, health education, outreach to our diverse communities and populations, and other community benefit activities have always been central to our mission.
Nebraska Methodist Health System is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law.
|Date Posted||May 11, 2023|
|Date Closes||June 28, 2023|
|Located In||Fremont, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
Assistant Professor - Political Science and International Relations and Cultural and Social Studies