Why work for Nebraska Methodist Health System?
At Nebraska Methodist Health System, we focus on providing exceptional care to the communities we serve and people we employ. We call it The Meaning of Care – a culture that has and will continue to set us apart. It’s helping families grow by making each delivery special, conveying a difficult diagnosis with a compassionate touch, going above and beyond for a patient’s needs, or giving a high five when a patient beats a disease or conquers a personal health challenge. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a great work environment where all employees are valued! Most importantly, our employees are part of a team that makes a real difference in the communities we live and work in.
Job Summary:Communicates to all patients, doctors, nurses, and other employees regarding schedules, charts, insurance issues, and any other concerns that may be addressed. Greets and registers all patients upon their arrival to the clinic.
1. Registers patients for appointments by collecting and verifying patient demographics, insurance information, and other essential information to ensure accurate information is maintained for each patient.
2. Greets, directs, and assists patients with questions to facilitate patient care in prompt and polite manner.
3. Answers telephone to schedule appointments, take messages, direct calls to appropriate personnel, and handle other patient matters to ensure excellent customer service is provided within a timely manner and according to policies and procedures.
4. Prepares records for office visits by reviewing EMR (Electronic Medical Record)/chart contents to accelerate patient care.
5. Handles insurance inquires by answering questions, assisting with referrals, and completing appropriate paperwork to ensure exam charges are submitted to insurance within a timely manner.
6. Processes and distributes written communication and documents (forms, letters, mail) accurately.
7. Provides appropriate care specific to the age of the patient to ensure understanding and comfort level of treatment as outlined in the “Population Specific Criteria.”
Nebraska Methodist Health System is made up of four hospitals in Nebraska and southwest Iowa, more than 30 clinic locations, a nursing and allied health college, and a medical supply distributorship and central laundry facility. From the day Methodist Hospital was chartered in 1891, service to our communities has been a top priority. Financial assistance, health education, outreach to our diverse communities and populations, and other community benefit activities have always been central to our mission.
Nebraska Methodist Health System is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law.
|Date Posted||May 11, 2023|
|Date Closes||July 7, 2023|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|