Why work for Nebraska Methodist Health System?
At Nebraska Methodist Health System, we focus on providing exceptional care to the communities we serve and people we employ. We call it The Meaning of Care – a culture that has and will continue to set us apart. It’s helping families grow by making each delivery special, conveying a difficult diagnosis with a compassionate touch, going above and beyond for a patient’s needs, or giving a high five when a patient beats a disease or conquers a personal health challenge. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a great work environment where all employees are valued! Most importantly, our employees are part of a team that makes a real difference in the communities we live and work in.
Job Summary:The Cleaning Technician is responsible for the routine cleaning of patient rooms, operating rooms, recovery rooms, public areas, and office areas to ensure a clean and sanitary environment patients, visitors, and staff.
1. Cleans and services assigned areas of the facility in a timely manner by using established procedures to ensure a safe and sanitary environment for patients, customers, and staff.
2. Maintains and operates equipment safely, such as carts, buckets, vacuums, buffers, and extractors, to ensure thorough cleaning of the facility. Promptly reports any equipment needing repairs so it may be serviced and returned to use as soon as possible.
3. Mixes and uses chemicals and products, such as disinfectants, glass cleaners, acids, solvents, strippers, finishes, etc., according to manufacturer's directions and department procedures to ensure products are used at the proper dilution and appropriate applications. Obtains or requests needed supplies in a timely manner to ensure no shortages or outages and to maintain productivity.
4. Sorts and places clean linen into appropriate shelves and exchange carts to be delivered to ensure patient care areas have an adequate linen supply at assigned facilities.
5. Stocks linen supply to patient care areas to ensure linen par levels are met and maintained at assigned facilities. Responds in a timely manner to requests for additional linens.
6. Performs daily cleaning of the linen storage and distribution area at assigned facilities to ensure a clean environment. Includes cleaning and disinfecting of all work surfaces, daily dust mopping and mopping of floors, and weekly high dusting of vents and ledges.
7. Reports any problems, deficiencies, or incomplete linen tasks to team leader or next shift, as appropriate.
8. Completes verbal or written work assignments, including incomplete work, problems, and issues, and submits to supervisor in a timely and effective manner to ensure proper documentation and resolution of problems or issues.
9. Adheres to Safety and Infection Control guidelines to ensure a safe work environment. Reports any unsafe conditions or accidents immediately to ensure problems are corrected and any injuries are promptly treated and documented.
10. Participates in mandatory in-services and/or continuing education programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
11. Is able to understand and operationalize the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and policies/procedures.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
7:00am to 3:30pm Monday thru Friday every other weekend and Holidays
Not necessary for the position (0%):
Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
Nebraska Methodist Health System is made up of four hospitals in Nebraska and southwest Iowa, more than 30 clinic locations, a nursing and allied health college, and a medical supply distributorship and central laundry facility. From the day Methodist Hospital was chartered in 1891, service to our communities has been a top priority. Financial assistance, health education, outreach to our diverse communities and populations, and other community benefit activities have always been central to our mission.
Nebraska Methodist Health System is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law.
|Date Posted||March 17, 2023|
|Date Closes||May 16, 2023|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|