Why work for Nebraska Methodist Health System?
At Nebraska Methodist Health System, we focus on providing exceptional care to the communities we serve and people we employ. We call it The Meaning of Care – a culture that has and will continue to set us apart. It’s helping families grow by making each delivery special, conveying a difficult diagnosis with a compassionate touch, going above and beyond for a patient’s needs, or giving a high five when a patient beats a disease or conquers a personal health challenge. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a great work environment where all employees are valued! Most importantly, our employees are part of a team that makes a real difference in the communities we live and work in.
Job Summary:The Clinic Nursing Assistant assists providers in daily activities such as preparing patients for examination, obtaining vital signs, phlebotomy*, assisting providers with entering, laboratory and radiology orders, scheduling diagnostic tests and making and receiving phone calls.
Joint (Floor and Phone)
1. Medical Home
Maintain and update medical records and forms
Completes tracking forms and follows up on missed appointments and procedures.
Assists Health Coaches by working patient lists and scheduling appointments as directed.
2. Provide patients and caregivers with preprinted health-related instructions from the provider.
3. Maintains work areas to ensure healthy environmental conditions by cleaning and organizing equipment and rooms.
Maintains clean and organized work area according to department/provider protocol 99% of the time.
Transmit written prescription orders and medication refills. Handles prescription refills according to department/provider protocols 99% of the time.
4. Provides appropriate care specific to the age of the patient to ensure understanding and comfort level of treatment as outlined in the “Age Specific Criteria”.
Completes Age Specific Quiz annually
1. Prepares exam rooms and equipment to facilitate treatment and examination of patients by setting up instruments/equipment and stocking supplies.
Prepares exam rooms and medical equipment according to provider protocol 95% of the time.
2. Prepares patient for provider exam by gathering patient data such as vital signs, height, weight, and reason for visit. Enters data into the medical record.
3. Transcribes information provided by patients into the medical record, such as medical history, medications, and other information as directed by the provider.
Prepares patient for exam by following provider protocol and company policies 95% of the time.
4. Assists providers to facilitate patient treatment by retrieving test results and medical records as directed.
Obtains provider requested tests, records, and lab work 95% of the time.
5. Performs EKGs as instructed.
6. Assists with and/or performs phlebotomy with proper labeling and handling of specimens, accurately completes requisitions, and collects specimens according to standard procedures/protocols and performing and documenting quality control activities.
Performs above procedure according to clinic policy and procedures 95% of the time.
7. Transcribes exact written prescriber instructions for electronic order entry for laboratory and radiology procedures.
Ensures accuracy of order entry and completes appropriate documentation without error at least 98% of the time.
8. Assists providers to facilitate patient treatment by scheduling tests and other appointments as directed.
Orders and schedules tests 95% of the time.
1. Answering Phone Calls
Answers calls according to protocol at least 98% of the time.
2. Returning Phone Messages
Returns phone messages according to protocol at least 98% of the time.
3. Providing Test Results
Relays information to patients as transcribed by the provider.
4. Pharmacy Refills
Accurately completes pharmacy request 100% of the time.
Nebraska Methodist Health System is made up of four hospitals in Nebraska and southwest Iowa, more than 30 clinic locations, a nursing and allied health college, and a medical supply distributorship and central laundry facility. From the day Methodist Hospital was chartered in 1891, service to our communities has been a top priority. Financial assistance, health education, outreach to our diverse communities and populations, and other community benefit activities have always been central to our mission.
Nebraska Methodist Health System is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law.
|Date Posted||March 11, 2023|
|Date Closes||May 10, 2023|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
Exercise Training Research Coordinator
Recreational Technician (Part-Time; Temporary)
Research Technologist I