Why work for Nebraska Methodist Health System?
At Nebraska Methodist Health System, we focus on providing exceptional care to the communities we serve and people we employ. We call it The Meaning of Care – a culture that has and will continue to set us apart. It’s helping families grow by making each delivery special, conveying a difficult diagnosis with a compassionate touch, going above and beyond for a patient’s needs, or giving a high five when a patient beats a disease or conquers a personal health challenge. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a great work environment where all employees are valued! Most importantly, our employees are part of a team that makes a real difference in the communities we live and work in.
Job Summary:The Clinical Admission-Discharge RN provides oversite and direction for the daily referral, pre- admission, admission, and discharge process on the unit.
1. Coordinates and participates as a direct liaison with appropriate interested parties and physicians/providers through the patient referral inquiry, pre admission, admission, treatment, and discharge process.
2. Review and process all referral source information to determine facility fit and respond in a timely manner.
Conduct patient assessments, including appropriate test administration, interpretation and recommendations.
Addresses issues in a timely manner including crisis and higher level of care referrals.
Assist with additional admission requirements (e.g., admission packet, history, etc.) to ensure documentation is complete.
3. Responds to intake calls and completes admission paperwork.
4. Participates in the development of treatment plans in coordination with the Treatment team and other health and social agencies.
5. Facilitates groups, family and individual sessions and completes all necessary documentation.
6. Maintains appropriate ethical and clinical boundaries with client, family members and other staff members.
7. Maintains compliance with state and federal confidentiality laws as well as upholding our confidentiality policies and procedures.
8. Maintains a professional code of conduct as established by Methodist Fremont Health.
9. Appropriately represents the Program at public and private outreach events.
10. Attends Unit and Hospital meetings as directed.
11. Actively participates in department processes as requested.
12. Promotes and develops positive, professional interaction with patients and their families, peers, leadership, clients, etc.
13. Prepares and submits all operational tasks/documentation (census report) as requested.
Core hours: Monday through Friday 8-4 with flexibility per applicants needs.
Graduate from an accredited Diploma School of Nursing/College of Nursing with an Associate of Science Degree in Nursing (ASN) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
Current valid Nebraska Registered Nurse (RN) License, valid compact multistate license, or a temporary permit while awaiting licensure required.
Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) strongly preferred at time of hire, required within 3 months of hire.
Two to five years previous inpatient nursing experience preferred.
Proficient in software applications; Microsoft Office
Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Ability to read and comprehend moderate to complex instructions and correspondence
Ability to write detailed correspondence
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients and their families, Program leadership, employees, clients, providers, vendors, etc.
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-Ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means) - NICU only
Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
Explosives (pressurized gas)
Hazardous Drugs (exposure risks, personal protective equipment required)
Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
Nebraska Methodist Health System is made up of four hospitals in Nebraska and southwest Iowa, more than 30 clinic locations, a nursing and allied health college, and a medical supply distributorship and central laundry facility. From the day Methodist Hospital was chartered in 1891, service to our communities has been a top priority. Financial assistance, health education, outreach to our diverse communities and populations, and other community benefit activities have always been central to our mission.
Nebraska Methodist Health System is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law.
|Date Posted||March 4, 2023|
|Date Closes||May 3, 2023|
|Located In||Fremont, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|