Why work for Nebraska Methodist Health System?
At Nebraska Methodist Health System, we focus on providing exceptional care to the communities we serve and people we employ. We call it The Meaning of Care – a culture that has and will continue to set us apart. It’s helping families grow by making each delivery special, conveying a difficult diagnosis with a compassionate touch, going above and beyond for a patient’s needs, or giving a high five when a patient beats a disease or conquers a personal health challenge. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a great work environment where all employees are valued! Most importantly, our employees are part of a team that makes a real difference in the communities we live and work in.
Provides experienced clerical and administrative support to department/work area; generally supports director and system leader personnel in departmental functions and projects.
Promotes positive impression and welcoming environment through customer service.
- Courteously greets and gives directions to patients, family members, visitors, physicians, staff, and other customers.
- Maintains safe, clean and neat work environment.
- Demonstrates good communication style and interpersonal communication skills with patients/families/customers.
- Provides prompt response and follow-up.
Provides advanced clerical and administrative support to directors, system leaders and administrators.
- May prepare/distribute/maintain confidential communications/documents
- May assist with departmental budgetary reporting and expense reconciliation
- May initiate contact/ communication with departmental leaders, committee chairs, vendors and other agencies to obtain information or arrange meetings, follow-up or reporting activities.
- Prioritizes daily activities according to need, deadlines, and workload.
- Communicates priorities, projects, and workload appropriately.
- Provides advanced clerical and administrative support to directors, system leaders, administrators, and/or medical directors.
- Monitors and coordinates repairs for their work areas.
- Updates Administrative Policy & Procedures Manual as necessary and per protocol.
- Composes and types correspondence in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintains calendars and schedules appointments/meetings when requested.
- Confers with appropriate personnel when scheduling conflicts occur.
- Assists leaders in making travel arrangements.
May oversee database or software system(s); typically acts as the software administrator and IT liaison for departmental application(s).
Handles all general communication duties.
- Answers telephones promptly, courteously, and with a smile; identifies self and department/area.
- If applicable, makes announcements and/or operates call system in a professional manner.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of information.
Assists management with maintenance of personnel records and requirements to include payroll time sheets, Paid Time Off usage, personnel file, interviews, and annual requirements (i.e. TB testing, physicals, annual organizational review, performance evaluation).
- Timely submission of information to payroll.
- Maintains log of PTO usage for employees as directed.
- Sets up interviews for any candidate as directed as one-on-one or group interview.
- Utilizes the Kronos Payroll system as requested.
- Prepares on-call schedules as directed.
- Communicates to Service leaders reminder on upcoming requirements such as TB Testing, AOR (compliance reports).
Responsible for all administrative support activities necessary to manage the Service Executives responsibilities for Nurse Excellence.
- Prepares materials for the Nurse Excellence/Shared Governance; Leadership Council, Coordinating Council, Administrative Coordinator meetings, Service Executive meetings, etc..
- Schedules, prepares agendas and distributes timely before scheduled meeting time; takes minutes and distributes timely and accurately within 5 working days of scheduled meeting.
- Coordinate monthly nursing division staff luncheons.
Demonstrates proficiency with computer software to produce reports, graphs, databases, forms, correspondence and other documents as requested by the Service Executives.
- Follows up and files Responsibility Reports/Income Statements and productivity Reports.
- Demonstrates proficiency with computer software to produce reports, graphs, databases, forms, correspondence, and other documents as requested by leadership.
Effectively collaborates with the Administrative Support Team for seamless, efficient and team-oriented work.
- Serves as back-up for other Administrative Support Team members.
- Works with the Administrative Support Team in following expectations for time-off, schedules and communication.
Full-time, 40 hours, Monday through Friday, 9am -5:30pm
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) required.
- Additional coursework in clerical or administrative support preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years administrative experience required.
- Prior experience supporting leadership staff preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills necessary to communicate with physicians, callers, visitors, patients, family, and team members by verbal and written communication.
- Skills and knowledge in order to prepare reports, perform calculations, keep records, and deal effectively with people.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer applications.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, spelling, and presentation layout skills.
- Knowledge of office procedures and principles of record keeping.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in above Microsoft Office products including Access, and Outlook.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) Blood or Body Fluid (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as Xray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation NonIonizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
Nebraska Methodist Health System is made up of four hospitals in Nebraska and southwest Iowa, more than 30 clinic locations, a nursing and allied health college, and a medical supply distributorship and central laundry facility. From the day Methodist Hospital was chartered in 1891, service to our communities has been a top priority. Financial assistance, health education, outreach to our diverse communities and populations, and other community benefit activities have always been central to our mission.
Nebraska Methodist Health System is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law.