Purpose of Job
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for the following:
Prepares and distributes daily financial dashboards. Assists with the coordination, maintenance implementation of all Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transaction sets with customers, and vendors. Participates in month-end reporting. Provides back-up support to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable positions.
Assist with preparing monthly financial reports.
- Other duties include account reconciliations such as Sales Tax Payable and some clearing accounts.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) required.
- College Degree preferred, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Finance.
- 1 – 2 years previous experience in systems maintenance and reporting required.
- Must successfully complete Back School, an in-service and demonstration of safe body mechanics, within 90 days of hire, and annually thereafter.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. required
- Knowledge of Epicor Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- Skilled in database management required.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction with staff and customers required.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend various written reports and documents required.
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Physical Activity - Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
Essential Job Functions
1. Daily dashboard reports
- Prepare and distribute daily dashboard reports
- Review previous day’s sales activity to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Independently research and resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner and identify any documentation issues that need to be communicated and/or escalate
2. Assist with maintaining and implementing new EDI transaction sets.
- Ensure Customers and vendors transactions move between systems electronically
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise
- Install set-up mapping of new stakeholders
3. Back-up Accounts Receivable
- Serve as the primary back-up for Accounts Receivable.
- Post checks to the receivable system as well as electronically depositing funds into the bank account.
- Verify dollars posted to customer’s accounts to ensure deposits into the bank account balances.
4. Back-up Accounts Payable
- Serve as the primary back-up for Accounts Payable.
- Post invoices and reconciliation discrepancies from invoices.
5. Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Reconcile several states’ sales tax payable accounts to ensure tax records are in order.
- Troubleshoot any discrepancies between customers and state authorities.
6. Month-end reports
- Prepare and distribute various month-end reports for customer and vendors
- Reports are prepared utilizing excel formatting and sent via email or EDI.
7. Product recalls
- Notify Purchasing and Distribution mangers and Sales staff of product recall
- Distribute necessary information to co-workers regarding product recalls
8. Participates in annual inventory as assigned
9. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions II
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.