- Purpose of Job
- Provide daily cleaning/disinfecting of all patient and non-patient areas of the Hospital.
- Job Requirements
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) preferred.
- Minimum age requirement is 16 years old.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal communication.
- Physical Requirements
- Continuously stand/walk or lift/handle/carry material or equipment of moderate weight (20 to 50 lbs). Examples: Nurses, LPNs, and physical therapists.
- Located in an indoor area with frequent exposure to mild physical discomfort from dust, fumes, temperature, and noise. Examples: Patient care providers and laboratory technicians.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Category 1: Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues, and other potentially infectious materials.
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Complete dismissal cleaning of patient/resident rooms following standard cleaning procedures to ensure a clean and aseptic environment.
- Utilize standard cleaning procedures.
- Maintain a 95% quality cleaning level on assigned areas during quality control inspections.
- Ensure departmental time standards are observed.
Complete daily cleaning of all areas according to departmental guidelines, providing a clean and sanitary environment.
- Look for conditions that require cleaning (e.g., spots, spills and trash, etc.) and correct or report issue in a timely manner.
- Maintain an orderly and clean supply area.
- Assigned areas completed as scheduled.
- Perform additional cleaning duties (e.g., wall washing, light fixture cleaning, lime removal, blind cleaning, etc.) as time permits in addition to completing projects.
Ensure chemicals are properly used when cleaning and sanitizing.
- Use chemicals safely and identify them by physical characteristics.
Report defects in the facility to appropriate department in a timely manner.
Maintain supplies to ensure adequate stock is available to complete daily cleaning duties.
- Supplies are ordered by the end of shift on Mondays and Thursdays.
Ensure Hospital and Department policies and procedures (i.e., 7 Step Procedure) are followed while performing job duties.
- Uses proper Infection Control guidelines.
- Practices and observes safety policies.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values ~ Living Our Values, and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System