- Purpose of Job
- While adhering to the mission and values of the College, the Adjunct Instructor for Professional Development (PD) RN Refresher and Certificate Programs will provide a learning environment and provide experiences to prepare learners in their future role in healthcare.
- Job Requirements
- Associate's degree in Nursing (ASN) or RN diploma required.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) preferred.
- 1 or more years teaching experience preferred.
- 1 or more years experience in nursing required.
- Maintain current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Current valid Nebraska Registered Nurse (RN) License, valid compact multistate license to work in Nebraska, or a temporary permit while awaiting licensure required.
- Computer knowledge and use of technology for didactic portion of courses.
- Excellent communication, reading, writing skills.
- Exceptional customer service and supportive relationship skills essential.
- Professional image and excellent customer service skills
- Essential Job Functions
- Promotes a positive learning environment within the classroom, lab and clinical setting and encourage maximum student participation.
Establishes positive rapport with students and employees.
Utilizes and follows the curriculum and resources provided.
Able to teach evening and weekends, daytime schedules may also be available.
Responsible for the maintenance of equipment to ensure in proper working condition.
Records and forwards attendance, testing, and evaluation materials to the appropriate contacts within the Division of Professional Development.
Ensure classroom, lab spaces and supplies are orderly.
Be willing to train and teach in all educational roles within the department as needed such as Nursing Assistant Instructor, Medication Aide Instructor, Nursing Assistant State Tester, and RN Refresher Instructor.
Answer phones, triage calls and field questions as needed.
Participate in team meetings.
Copy and scan program materials.
Assist with skills sign off and evaluations to ensure students are competent in all areas required.
Perform other related duties as assigned by Director of Professional Development.
Methodist Health System