·For safety reasons, qualified applicants must be able to speak and understand English sufficiently to perform safety requirements and demonstrate the ability to follow safety rules required
·No experience necessary, will train
·Ability to exert up to 43 pounds of push and pull force.
·Involves various movement requirements especially upper body.
·Utilizes repetitive grasping, pulling, and reaching movements.
·Requires stooping and bending to process linen out of baskets and bins.
·Must be ab le to stand for eight hour shift.
·Visually must be able to discriminate detail.
·Environment is warmer during seasonal times.
Potential Job Hazards:
• Pulling out stuck linens
• Automated equipment (bags)
• Ironer steam pipes/ironer chest heat
• Moving racks, bins and baskets
• Repetitive motions
• Environment heat, (temp)
• Latex Exposure
·Must successfully complete Back School, an in-service and demonstration of safe body mechanics, within
90 days of hire, and annually thereafter.
To finish clean linens for shipping: hand folds and operates various laundry processing equipment. Inspects for holes, stains and other linen imperfections. Works in tumblefold, ironer area, tie machines and surgical inspection.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operated various laundry processing equipment in a safe productive manor.
2. Folds and stacks linens into different categories meeting production standards set by supervisor.
3. Inspects all linens, surgical and general for tears, holes and overall cleanliness.
4. Removes from clean shippable linens, those that are stained, soiled, ragged, or are in need of mending.
5. Bundles linens, loading racks in quantities specified by the distribution department and places linens into
assigned holding bins.
6. Alternates job assignments with fellow staff members as scheduled by the supervisor.
7. Keeps work areas clean, during and at the close of each shift. Changes out ragged, mending, and
stain wash bags.
8. Performs needed housekeeping functions to maintain a clean working environment and to keep
9. Hand folding Standards:
Baby Clothes 280 pc. Per hour
Laundry Bags 190 pc. Per hour
PJ's 160 pc. Per hour
Robes/Long Sleeve Gowns 180 pc Per hour
Scrub Clothes 160 pc. Per hour
Soft Contours 180 pc. Per hour
Surgery Towels 500 pc. Per hour
Wash Cloths 1000 pc. Per hour
10. Equipment Processing Standards:
Bath Blankets (blanket folder) 220 pc. Per hour
Bath Towels 625 pc. Per hour
Baby Blankets 400 pc Per hour
Contours 240 pc. Per hour
Dish Towels 600 pc Per hour
Isolation/IV/Robes 230 pc. Per hour
Patient Gowns 260 pc. Per hour
Thermal spreads (blanket folder 180 pc. Per hour
Underpads 370 pc. Per hour
Bath Blankets 325 pc. Per hour
Sheets/Draws 350 pc. Per hour
Green Sheets/Cart Sheets 300 pc. Per hour
Aprons 300 pc. Per hour
Pillow Cases 500 pc. Per hour
Surgery Towels 680 pc. Per hour
Lab Coats 40 pc. Per hour
11. Practices set safety guidelines that pertain to equipment and the work environment. Takes
action to correct unsafe conditions.
12. Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and
procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
13. Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior
and company policies/procedures.
14. Other duties as assigned.