- Purpose of Job
- Responsible for Room Service meals requests by answering inbound Room Service calls, entering the information into the room service database completely and accurately, and maintaining reports and records to ensure accurate and correct meals are delivered to patients and visitors within established timeframes.
- Job Requirements
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) preferred.
- 6 months customer service experience preferred, preferably in hospitality industry.
- 6 months telemarketing experience preferred.
- Food Handler's Certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of food production and delivery process preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills required, including using windows-based computer applications.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction with staff and customers required.
- Strong customer service skills required, including face-to-face and telephone, required.
- Able to read, write, and carry out oral and written instructions with accuracy and efficiency required.
- Able to type 30 words per minute required.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Light Work - Exerting up to 35 pounds of force
- Not neccessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1% - 33%)
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%)
- Distinguish colors
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%)
- Not necessary for the position
- Hand power tools
- Outdoor weather conditions
- Workplace violence
- Blood and body fluids
- Hazardous chemicals
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Loud noise
- Work near moving mechanical parts
- Normal office environment
- Repetitive Motions
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Answers inbound calls on a daily basis to assist with and verify Room Service orders by following guidelines in a friendly and courteous manner.
Enters Room Service orders by accurately inputting orders in CBORD Room Service database and following special diet selection guidelines to ensure selections follow physician diet order.
Enters diet orders and information from Cerner and/or Dietitians and Diet Technicians into CBORD by interpreting diet orders and allergies without difficulty and entering information accurately and completely to create or maintain updated patient files.
Prints and utilizes CBORD outputs including tray tickets, nourishments and tube feeding labels, diet order change reports, and other reports on a daily basis to ensure report information is accurate and correct at all times.
Prepares supplemental feedings and formulas by processing tube feeding orders accurately, maintaining organization of dry and cold storage formula products, and maintaining supplemental feedings and formula par levels to promote optimal nutritional intake according to departmental standards.
Documents oral fluid and food intake, menu selection and related statistics regarding meals served by completing meal counts, nourishment, and tube feeding counts daily and accurately calculating brown trays and nourishment documentation to enhance on-going evaluation of patient nutritional status.
Prepares assembly area for room service tray production at assigned facilities by conducting pre-service quality checks and maintaining the cleanliness of the assembly area to ensure the area is ready for the preparation of patient and guest trays.
Interacts and helps support patients, families, hospital staff, and Food Service team with Room Service orders and/or questions on a daily basis in a welcoming and professional manner to ensure excellent customer service is met and maintained.
Assists patients with pre-meal service at assigned facilities, including removing lids and opening packets, by following Room Service guidelines to ensure patients are satisfied and needs are met.
- Advise of dietary guidelines of patients diet, and alert dietitians when necessary.
Follows proper food handling procedures and complies with quality performance standards to ensure a safe and sanitary environment.
Work with dietitians, nursing and Food Service Staff to serve our patients, guests and staff with upholding Methodists high standards.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System