- Purpose of Job
- Fit a variety of masks to staff, ensuring proper fit and documentation is complete. Train on other respirators as needed and required.
- Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Certified nursing assistant program graduate or currently enrolled in nursing degree program preferred.
- Experience providing instruction or training others preferred.
- Experience with direct patient care preferred.
- Skill coaching others.
- Skill with verbal and written communication.
- Skill organizing and prioritizing work.
- Skill using a computer and Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of the principles of infection prevention.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to complete basic clerical/support tasks
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Rare (1-33%): - Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Utilize training received to perform qualitative respirator Fit Testing.
Test and train employees on the proper fit, use and care for N95 respirators, Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPRs) and other respiratory products as appropriate and defined by policy.
Follow MHS policy and procedure related to the Fit Testing program.
Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork supporting compliance.
Performs data entry to document mask details for each person fitted.
Clean high touch areas regularly.
Ensure hand sanitizer, hand soap and disinfectant wipes are available for the next shift.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.