- Purpose of Job
- Responsible for the overall management of the Volunteer program and Gift Shop operations, ensuring customers are provided excellent service. Act as a liaison between patient/guest and Methodist Fremont Health staff (providers and staff). Responsible for quality service, customer satisfaction and appearance/profitability of Gift Shop, Information Desk and Volunteer Services. Supervises and coordinate staffing of volunteers.
- Job Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in customer service industry required.
- Minimum 1 year experience with financial preparation and budget, planning, and reporting responsibilities required.
- Prior experience coordinating and training staff and volunteers preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Gift shop and/or retail management experience including promotion, marketing and merchandising preferred.
- Experience working in the health care setting preferred.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage work schedule/time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals.
- Ability to participate in problem solving activities, task assignments and demonstrate accountability for results.
- Knowledge of retail operations and inventory systems.
- Physical Requirements
- Key functions involve paperwork using computers, printers, stooping, standing, bending, stacking, storing or retrieving supplies, equipment or inventory/merchandise, as well as transportation of items from Receiving to storeroom and the gift shop.
- Position does require physical activity, including standing, inventory control, unpacking, staging and moving merchandise.
- The incumbent may exert up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move patients or objects, such as medical equipment.
- Essential duties are routinely and primarily performed in an indoor setting.
- Individual may be required to travel to/from vendor markets.
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Maintains wheelchair inventory.
- Maintains health system knowledge and provides guests with information of all health system features/services, clinics, physicians, patient rooms, department locations and amenities. Requires ability to navigate information regarding a variety of facilities, providers and services.
- Functions as the gift shop coordinator and primary buyer.
- Responsible for inventory control, merchandising and payment options.
- Responsible for annual goals and objectives, budget, promotional plan, and financial reporting. Creates and adheres to an operational budget as it relates to the gift shop. Meets or exceeds established productivity standards as well as income expectations.
- Responsible for policies and procedures applicable to gift shop operations including but not limited to taking inventories, reconciling sales reports, ordering and maintaining inventory levels in accordance to budgets and ensuring store security.
- Coordinates orientation and training of staff/volunteers. Evaluates, coaches, mentors staff and applicable volunteers. Addresses employee/volunteer relations’ and is accountable to performance, productivity, core values and recognition in conjunction with Director of Community Relations.
- Responsible for recruitment, orientation, annual training and placement of volunteers.
- Responsible for staffing volunteers (front lobby coverage) ensuring the best experience for our guests.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records and volunteer schedules. Complies statistical data and prepares reports.
- Ensures compliance in respect to Joint Commission and other regulatory requirements.
- Plans and organizes volunteer appreciation events, including recognizing individual volunteer milestones such as birthdays and anniversaries with cards and notes.
- Assists with staffing various outreach events.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values ~ Living Our Values, and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System