- Purpose of Job
- The Food Service Worker II will complete all duties and tasks of the Food Service I position. In addition, works primarily in the kitchen supporting the production of food products by accurately and efficiently preparing, portioning, cooking , and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Special/Catered Events.
- Job Requirements
- Some High School, High School Diploma or General Education Development (G.E.D.) preferred.
- 1-2 years related work experience required.
- 2-3 years related work experience preferred.
- Able to read and follow written/verbal instructions.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, supervisors, managers, vendor representatives, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer preferred.
- Basic food-handling skills preferred.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect
Maintains a professional relationship with all co-workers, supervisors, managers, customers, patients and residents.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to patients, residents and employees.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Physical Requirements
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus, with or without correct lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may involve outside activities and events.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Reads recipes and/or product directions.
Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, seasons and knead foodstuffs for cooking storing and storing.
Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as needed.
May have basic cooking responsibilities, i.e. cook vegetables, chicken for salads.
May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values ~ Living Our Values, and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System