- Purpose of Job
- Responsible for overseeing the operations of the Registration and Records department to ensure efficient operations. Ensure procedures adhere to established regulations and standards.
- Job Requirements
- Associate’s degree in records management, business administration or related field required.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of registrar experience required.
- Minimum 1 year of lead or supervisory experience required.
- Experience with student information systems (SIS) and online student registration systems required.
- Skill communicating with all levels within the organization.
- Skill organizing and prioritizing work.
- Skill supervising staff.
- Knowledge of NSLDS & National Student Clearinghouse submission guidelines and requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable standards in academic registration and records.
- Ability to oversee all operations in the registration process.
- Ability to accurately perform job duties.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) Blood or Body Fluid (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
Provides leadership for the Registration and Records area through effective strategic planning, making decisions and allocating resources according to the strategic plan.
- Ensures that the Registration and Records strategic plan is synchronous with the overall strategic plan of the College.
Effectively manages all budgets within Registration and Records, providing guidance to staff to minimize expenses while maintaining sensitivity to the quality of educational support initiatives.
Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all staff in Registration and Records, fostering effective communication and encouraging a collaborative style of governance.
Develops and maintains an effective collaborative relationship with the Vice President for Academic Affairs, faculty, staff, and students, and is responsive to the overall needs of the College in addition to the needs of Registration and Records.
Creates and maintains structures and processes to facilitate the fulfillment of needs of faculty, staff, customers, and students within the College.
- Provides effective customer service for all constituents.
Works with data management and technology personnel on key college systems (e.g., MyMethodist; Jenzabar EX) to ensure accuracy of data and ease of interaction for all students and other constituents.
- Oversee all operations in the transfer credit process and prior learning credit process.
Works with data management and technology personnel to ensure timely and accurate reporting of required internal and external statistical reports.
Provides structure to annual performance reviews within Registration and Records, including constructive performance evaluations and effective goal setting.
Serves as the institution's VA (Veterans Administration) School Certifying Official, and PDSO (Principal Designated School Official) for F-1 international students and performs all duties as required.
In conjunction with the Academic Deans in Academic Affairs, coordinates the development and distribution of the class schedule.
Communicates with students, staff and faculty when necessary on important events related to registration and records, such as distribution of schedule, registration, graduation, academic calendar, and other important dates.
Maintains knowledge of all federal, state and local guidelines concerning all activities related to the registration of students and dissemination of information (e.g., FERPA, Veterans Act, Patriot Act, etc).
As the representative for Registration and Records, serves on Academic Council, Leadership Council, and other assigned College Committees.
Actively pursues personal professional growth for self and staff, including membership in professional organizations.
Performs other related duties as assigned by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.