- Purpose of Job
- Provides timely, accurate and excellent professional telephone and database customer support throughout the Methodist Health System main telephone line by routing internal/external calls (transfers, patient transportation, departments and patient rooms) to correct destination for all Health Care facilities. Understands the processes and department practices for the “DIALMD” answering service and communications for all “emergency” or “alert” notifications for clinical and disaster/disruption event.
- Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (G.E.D.) required.
- Some college preferred (Communications or similar coursework).
- 6 months Telephone Customer Service required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Communications Call Center required.
- Must successfully complete Methodist HIPAA on-line course, Medical Terminology course and Integrated Services New Employee Orientation, within 6 months of hire.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong telephone skills for positive interaction with staff and customers.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Strong ability to listen to caller’s detailed information and accurately route call.
- Accurately spell and effectively type information into a keyboard
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) Blood or Body Fluid (BBF)
- Equipment/Machinery/Tools - Hand Power Tools
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-Ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Rare (1%-33%):
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Operates a multi-line phone console while exhibiting exemplary customer service skills.
- Practices patience.
- Actively listens to caller and displays sensitivity and empathy in a professional and positive manner.
- Effectively interacts with callers.
Speaks clearly and processes incoming calls in a timely manner.
- Routes requests to correct department, individual cell phone, page or announces overhead.
- Documents in Customer Service Database.
Effectively works with the customer service team staying aware of changes and communicating through various means in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to foster a cooperative work environment by working well with others and fully understanding the diversity of those we work with, displaying a positive attitude at all times
Uses patient tracking system to accurately assign and dispatch patient escorts.
- Monitors and tracks patient transportation jobs for correct destination and established schedule.
Handles difficult calls in a positive professional manner.
- Initiates and escalates concerns, problems, situations, and compliments on calls meeting established criteria to ensure they are documented and communicated to appropriate staff.
- Follows up to ensure the customers' needs are met, as appropriate.
Utilizes Amtelco Software
- Processes calls and complies with department practices regarding the physician answering service (DialMD).
Assists with the documentation and input of the DialMD schedule changes associated with the on-call physician’s answering service and other customer schedules.
Accurately and timely responds to Medical emergency systems that require monitoring such as Medical Emergencies, Codes, Fire and Medical Gas by contacting appropriate staff through Amtelco.
Responsible for Internal/External Disaster/Disruption notifications through Amtelco, Mass Notification System and overhead announcements, for example Weather, Fire, or community events.
Provides clerical support for the Integrated Service Division by performing data entry, typing, and other duties to ensure division projects are completed within established deadlines.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.