- Purpose of Job
- Conducts high quality and effective short-term counseling
- Job Requirements
- Master's Degree in counseling, social work or another human services related field required.
- Minimum one year experience in assessment and counseling of mental health and substance use/abuse problems required.
- Employee Assistance Program experience preferred.
- State licensure as a Nebraska Mental Health Practitioner (LMHP or LIMHP) required.
- Provisional licenses will be considered.
- Licensure in additional states preferred.
- Additional preferred certifications: Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP), National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC), International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium (ICRC), National Counselor Certification (NCC), Certified Marriage and Family Therapist (CMFT).
- LADC is required for the Licensee Assistance Program (LAP) and Substance Abuse Expert (SAE) positions.
- Skill with verbal and written communication.
- Skill interacting with individuals experiencing crisis situations.
- Knowledge of solution based short term counseling.
- Knowledge of mental health and substance use/abuse issues.
- Knowledge of workplace dynamics, management issues and employee relations issues.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Ability to work varied hours and days including weekends.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Note: Safety Officer can assist with identification of job hazards
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Provide short-term, solution-focused counseling to individuals, couples and families of BCEAP contracted customer organizations through various communication methods (e.g., in-person, telephone, virtual meeting, etc.).
- Accurately assess client needs and strengths.
- Develop, update and review client goals and desired outcomes.
- Implement counseling modalities in a culturally competent and compassionate manner.
- Tailor services to the client, providing the best possible service.
- Conduct substance use/abuse assessments and provide written reports (LAP and SAE).
- Provide appropriate follow-up for problem resolution and well-being.
- Support program satisfaction and outcomes measurement processes by actively encouraging clients to complete surveys.
- Refer clients to specialized or long-term care as necessary.
- Monitor long-term or ongoing care as needed (e.g. employer referrals-see #4).
Maintain acceptable satisfaction rate on all clinical services as measured by Satisfaction Surveys.
Maintain productivity at acceptable level.
Document all client contacts and case notes in the BCEAP electronic medical records system in a timely and accurate manner.
Provide consultation to employers about employee workplace performance issues and behavioral concerns and/or employer referrals.
- Follow-up on employer referral cases as needed.
Provide services according to established ethical and professional standards.
Provide regular updates to Clinical Manager on cases and client care.
Provide on-call counseling as scheduled and as needed (regular FT/PT counselors only).
Provide critical incident response and support at client company locations as requested.
Maintain a working knowledge of local community referral resources to assist clients with long-term or specialized care.
- Make appropriate, cost-effective referrals as needed.
- Participate in department/program clinical and staff meetings and trainings.
- Work constructively with BCEAP Management to continually improve process efficiency and improve service to members and customers.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
- Completes 100% of other duties to enable successful provision of EAP service by completing these duties as measured and evaluated by EAP Clinical Supervisor.
Methodist Health System
540 active jobs
Council bluffs, IA