- Purpose of Job
- Responsible for duties including: switchboard operator, MedCall answering service, alarm monitoring, and varied clerical support. Dispatch security to alarms and requested presence situations.
- Job Requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent General Educational Development (GED), may include specialized or vocational courses preferred.
- Prior security and/or radio dispatching experience preferred.
- Switchboard experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and articulate in an easily understood manner.
- Ability to multitask between several emergency situations.
- Knowledge or security measures and protocols.
- Ability to maintain composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
- Physical Requirements
- Lifting light material (<10 lbs.) or equipment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Category 3: Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues, or other potentially infectious material and Category 1 tasks are not a condition of employment.
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Responds to Switchboard and MedCall calls per department policy.
Responds to Overhead Paging, Beeper, Facsimile, Safe, and Key calls per department policy.
Responds to Fire Panel, Alarms, Codes and Police Phone calls; responds to calls from On-call staff/physicians, Security, House Supervisors and other relevant personnel.
Monitors all security department communications by responding to all incoming calls by phone and radio to ensure rapid response available to requesting parties.
Dispatches security officers to all alarms that are enunciated in the control room to ensure hazards are investigated.
Maintains log of all calls to the Security Control Room by recording required data to provide accurate reports for performance improvement opportunities.
Assists with the Lost and Found program by properly receiving lost items, tagging, documenting, storing, and securing lost items with the goal of returning the lost items to the rightful owners.
Utilizes electronic access programs to monitor doors at restricted areas, responding to various alarms and producing photo identification cards to support the organization's security posture and controlled access to restricted areas.
Demonstrates the ability to foster a cooperative work environment by working well with others and fully understanding the diversity of those we work with by displaying a positive attitude at all times.
Is able to maintain a professional and customer centric composure in difficult or challenging situations.
Performs other support and clerical tasks as assigned.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values ~ Living Our Values, and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.