- Purpose of Job
- Recruits high caliber candidates through the use of relationship building networks, social media and community involvement in clinical/non-clinical circles. Outcomes include Proactive attraction methods, internal candidate referral and timely reviewing of applications, interviewing and selecting the most qualified applicants, successfully matching applicants and leaders, and professionally stewarding the processes of filling positions to meet the staffing needs of the organization. Position may include HR partnership duties to assist the affiliate in all aspects of managing people.
- Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business, Human Resources Management or related field required.
- Some or all job codes in the position require access to secured data and systems governed by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. If this job code requires access, as identified by the supervisor, both regulatory bodies require a screening. Successful completion of this screening is required to meet a higher level of access. If the job code requires access, failure to complete the applicable access level screening results in the candidate becoming ineligible for the job.
- 3-5 years of recruiting experience required. Medical and/or nursing fields recruiting preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of recruiting techniques, employment functions and human resources management.
- Knowledge of employment, employee relations, human resources and recruiting practices.
- Knowledge and skills of using all modes of social media for recruiting and networking purposes.
- Skill to solicit high caliber talent and market the MHS organization for a successful match between candidate and position.
- Skill in utilizing MS Word, Outlook and internet.
- Ability to communicate with applicants, customers, networking contacts, placement agencies, education institutions, universities and management team.
- Ability to travel to various locations up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to flex time during day/evening/weekend to meet the needs of candidates and organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of applicant and employee information.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to create and give presentations to students and managers.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Uses recruiting and networking techniques and tools to attract and retain high caliber candidates to fill jobs in MHS clinical/non-clinical positions.
Presents to and networks with educational institutions to build on-going relationships with instructors and new graduates bi-weekly, while consistently keeping abreast of new college/universities, vocational schools and other trade schools offerings.
Schedules, prepares recruiting information/videos/give-aways and attends specialized career fairs. Utilizes affiliate leadership talent to augment recruiting presence.
Sources applicants from the community by networking and exploring all agencies of candidate sources. Develops networking and recruiting talents of leaders to capitalize on all resources available to source candidates.
Maintains excellent partnerships with educational institutions to maintain intelligence of students and graduation activities, student preferences and to monitor the image of MHS in the educational field.
Develops and executes progressive integrated recruitment solutions using direct sourcing, industry networking, employee referrals, internet sourcing, job boards and social media.
Completes mock interviews with college/university students on a regular basis.
Builds on Methodist brand to enhance sourcing and candidate flow.
Collaborates with Methodist College and other colleges/universities to support, educate, connect and develop students to career pathways with Methodist Health System by having a presence on the campus.
Works collaboratively with Business Intel staff to understand the trends and patterns of career success/development of students from Methodist College.
Helps students explore, set goals, gain experience and implement a process for career development/pathway at Methodist Health System.
Participates in ad-hoc committees to provide input, data and overall HR knowledge.
Works with Leadership
Works collaboratively with leadership, divisions and affiliates to understand recruiting needs, turnover patterns, sourcing opportunities, growth and reorganization strategies and provides necessary support in assessing and selecting only the best candidates, and in providing the appropriate HR support.
Establishes and maintains critical communication channels with leaders to ensure current knowledge of HR processes.
- Provides updates at appropriate meetings.
- Meets one-on-one with leadership and staff to discuss issues, trends, opportunities and challenges.
- Keeps appropriate leadership abreast of trends/patterns regarding issues which affect recruitment and retention. Communicates recruiting/retention data and produces/distributes and explain related reports.
Provides regular and timely communication with HR leadership to keep them abreast of candidate/employee issues as they relate to recruitment, compensation, benefits and market trends. This will be accomplished by networking with other HR professionals to learn their strategies, developing an awareness of social media trends, attending recruiting/retention in-services and seminars
Coordinates acquisitions with leadership and Human Resources team. Meets with new employees from acquisitions and assists with on-boarding and Human Resources related questions.
Takes responsibility for reviewing and pre-screening all applications on a daily basis.
- Interviews qualified candidates in a timely manner.
- Schedules interviews and/or group interviews with the hiring supervisor.
- Makes same day hires when possible.
Assists in filling open positions throughout the Health System by maintaining a constant flow of excellent candidates, working collaboratively with leadership to identify unique department needs/cultures, and to carefully facilitate process flow to ensure a timely turnaround from application to start date.
- Creates and coordinates creative solutions for recruiting/retention issues such as in-house career fairs, social media events, sourcing applicants and bonus.
- Completes necessary entry into applicant tracking to ensure appropriate, timely and correct information is maintained in the database.
- Demonstrates effective use of placement firms, marketing the organization, utilizing the internet and social media, writing ads and advertising with the appropriate media.
- Utilizes progressive negotiation skills when “wooing” applicants to work at Methodist Health System.
- Selects appropriate candidates to ensure competency and qualifications of candidates using the MHS selection tool. Considers the needs of the specific department and supervisor. Follows internal policies and procedures and legal, moral and ethical human resources standards.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System