- Purpose of Job
- The Nutrition Services Technician is responsible for providing support in the cafeteria/area to ensure the efficient running of the food service department.
- Job Requirements
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) preferred.
- 6 months food service experience preferred, preferably in a hospitality industry, which may include culinary, with strong emphasis in customer service.
- Food Handler's Certificate or ServSafe certified preferred.
- Knowledge of food production and delivery process preferred.
- Knowledge of computers preferred.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction with staff and customers required.
- Able to read, write, and carry out oral and written instructions with accuracy and efficiency required.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Not neccessary for the position (0%): - Crawling
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Hand power tools
- Outdoor weather conditions
- Workplace violence
- Rare (1-33%):
- Blood and body fluids
- Hazardous chemicals
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Normal office environment
- Occasionally (34%-66%): - Loud Noise
- Frequent (67%-100%): - Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Prepares assigned work area by conducting pre-service quality checks on temperatures, food quality, and cleanliness of the assembly area to ensure the area is ready for the service of meals.
Maintains adequate level of food and supplies for appropriate service by ensuring par levels in food service area are met and maintained.
Serves and prepares food for patients, visitors, and staff by following room service order requests and customer requests to ensure accurate and correct meals are delivered to patients and visitors within established timeframes.
Follows proper food handling procedures and complies with quality performance standards to ensure a safe and sanitary environment.
Operates food service equipment by following manufacturer and department procedures to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment is maintained.
Assist with catering set ups and clean ups when needed.
Stores clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in proper areas by following departmental policies and procedures to ensure a safe, clean, sanitary and organized environment.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
- As assigned by management.
Methodist Health System