- Purpose of Job
- Lawfully drives truck to all assigned contracted facilities. Also loads, secures and unloads own truck. Maintains necessary logs and records. Keeps trucks clean and disinfected. Checks for damage to shipped goods and for needed truck repairs.
- Job Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years multi-gear tractor trailer driving experience preferred.
- Meet qualification requirements of the Department of Transportation (DOT) for interstate travel.
- Must successfully complete Back School, an in-service and demonstration of safe body mechanics, within 90 days of hire, and annually thereafter.
- Must complete Hazmat and Forklift training within 30 days of hire and maintain training as specified by policy.
- Must have and maintain a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Skill driving large vehicles.
- Skill communicating verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of traffic laws and safe driving behaviors.
- Knowledge of proper loading and unloading techniques.
- Ability to work with people from varied backgrounds.
- Ability to pass a DOT physical and drug test.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to be insured by insurance carrier.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Not necessary for the position (0%): - Keyboarding/typing
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Distinguish colors
- Not Related: - Equipment/Machinery/Tools
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Occasionally (34%-66%): - Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Frequent (67%-100%): - Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Drives truck between Shared Service Systems and participating institutions.
Loads and unloads truck using manual and electric lifts.
- Secures loads within truck.
- Drivers spend approximately 40% of their time lifting, standing, walking, stooping or bending.
Respects all driving laws.
Maintains daily log, condition report and trip record.
Cleans and disinfects inside of truck box after unloading soiled linen.
Keeps inside of cab clean and orderly.
Obtains signatures from receiving clerks when necessary.
Notifies Transportation Supervisor of damaged goods.
- Notifies Transportation Supervisor of goods damaged during shipment.
Notifies Transportation Supervisor of truck repair.
- Notifies Transportation Supervisor of foreseeable truck repairs.
DOT and drug/alcohol testing.
- Must comply with DOT and drug/alcohol testing program.
Maintains good customer relationships.
Notifies Transportation Supervisor of any type of accident immediately.
Maintains a good working relationship with other departments.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.