- Purpose of Job
- The Director Facilities Operations oversees the Plant
Operations, Maintenance, Fire Protection, and Yards and Grounds departments of assigned locations throughout the Health System to
provide excellent patient and customer service throughout the Health System.
- Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) required.
- Associates Degree in Facilities Management or engineering-related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years previous management/leadership experience in plant
operations and maintenance required.
- Experience working in a healthcare facility or large commercial/educational facility desired.
- City of Omaha Third Grade Engineer’s License preferred.
- Certification in Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) preferred.
- Valid and current driver’s license required.
- Knowledge of all applicable safety codes and regulations, including EPA, DOT, OSHA, JCAHO, NFPA, AIA, and CMS for fire and building codes.
- Skills in planning, delegation, time-management, and problem-solving.
- Skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook applications.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction with staff and customers.
- Ability to read and comprehend project plans and specifications.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend various written reports and documents.
- Able to travel to various locations.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Light Work - Exerting up to 35 pounds of force.
- Not neccessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
Performs management duties, including employee hiring, training, coaching, counseling, corrective action, terminations, and performance evaluations, to ensure competent staff within Plant Operations and Maintenance departments.
Manages direct reports by mentoring, coaching, training, supporting, and establishing objectives to promote success and growth and to contribute to Health System and division goals.
Works with Finance and other Health System departments to develop capital, staff, and operating budgets by managing Plant Operations, Maintenance, and Yards & Grounds to meet or exceed budgets and by implementing plans to control use of resources, such as people, supplies, and contracts, to help ensure financial viability of the Health System
Establishes and maintains excellent communication in and between departments and teams to optimize operations by creating and monitoring various communication mechanisms such as team meetings, memos, open forums and multi-process work groups.
Leads contract negotiations with vendors for fire suppression systems, chiller maintenance, snow removal, landscaping, water treatment, emergency power systems, and HVAC maintenance by obtaining and reviewing bids, negotiating prices, and awarding contracts while ensuring uncompromising quality and adhering to the established budget.
Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services within assigned Plant Operations, Maintenance, Fire Protection and Yard and Grounds departments.
Maintains required documentation for accreditation surveys conducted by various Authority Housing Jurisdiction (AHJ).
Manages and directs all activities of plant engineering including preventive maintenance, maintenance and operation of the plant, utilities distribution and analysis of energy consumption with recommendations for improvement, remodeling and refurbishing, transportation, clinical engineering including electrical safety and electronic repair.
Manages the Fire Protection and Preventative Maintenance programs by monitoring and performing inspections of preventative and non-scheduled maintenance on utility and mechanical systems, making repair/replacement recommendations, and logging information for record keeping and report generating for compliance issues to ensure functionality of all equipment.
Manages the maintenance activities to include paint touch-up, repair of walls, doors and hardware, minor electrical and plumbing, pneumatic tube system, repair refrigeration and refrigeration monitoring systems, carpet, bed, and furniture repairs, to ensure a safe and efficient hospital operation.
Manages the snow and ice removal on parking lots, drives, sidewalks, steps, and other Health System areas at assigned facilities to ensure a safe external environment.
Attends internal and external meetings to ensure oversight and compliance regarding security issues within the Health System.