- Purpose of Job
- Responsible for greeting patients, employees, visitors.
- Job Requirements
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D) equivalent required. Individuals with significant progress toward high school diploma or significant experience in providing customer/patient service may be considered in lieu of high school diploma.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Participates in mandatory in-services and continuing education programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and per administrative direction.
- Requires the ability to provide transportation to other campus locations within a reasonable timeframe.
- Previous customer service and medical terminology preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively meet customer needs and appropriately read computer generated reports.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities successfully required.
- Ability to use a computer required.
- Ability to transport/escort patients and guests/family members to appropriate locations via stairs, elevators or ramps.
- Ability to communicate with others through a glass barrier.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Physical Activity
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Greets patients, employees, and others in a professional manner to assure excellent response to request for information and service.
Provides direction and information assistance regarding the location of clinical services, administrative meetings and other general needs by communicating clearly to assure customers reach their destination.
Coordinates with Emergency Department staff for in-coming surgical patients.
- Directs and assists patients with appropriate forms.
- Communicates with surgical staff to alert them of waiting patients.
Provides transportation assistance for patients and family members at the front entrance by taking them to the Admitting Department for registration.
Provides general communication duties. These duties include initiating, receiving, and directing telephone messages and maintaining written communication pieces like maps, patient handbooks etc. by clarifying the customer needs to respond appropriately to requests for information.
Performs other duties as assigned, maintains teamwork, positive mentoring and willingly assists with training of employees by positively assisting with the implementation of new procedures and job functions to enhance admitting services.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values ~ Living Our Values, and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System