- Purpose of Job
- Perform and assist with diagnostic imaging of Electrocardiogram (EKG)'s.
- Job Requirements
- High school graduate or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) required.
- Prior experience in healthcare environment preferred.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification required.
- Knowledge of non-invasive Emergency Departments (EDS) techniques and procedures, and advanced Emergency Departments (EDS) procedures.
- Knowledge of basic cardiology, performance of electrocardiograms, cardiac and thallium stress testing, and holter monitors.
- Ability to decipher/interpret medical terminology, and follow infection control and safety procedures.
- Skill in the basic use and maintenance of Emergency Departments (EDS) equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Frequent (67%-100%):
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Promotes positive relations when interacting with patients, visitors, families, physicians, customers and co-workers.
- Greet, smiles and makes eye contact.
- Introduces self by name.
- Volunteers to help co-workers and other employees.
- Addresses patients and others by surname.
- Responds quickly to patients and/or other peoples' needs.
- Knows and demonstrates 6 step customer complaint management process.
If Registered Nurse, ability to administer sedation for Electroencephalogram (EEG's) as directed by physician.
Performs electrocardiograms, cardiac and thallium stress testing, holter monitoring and scanning, Electrocardiogram (EKG) telemetry checks, and may assist with Electromyogram (EMG)/Nerve conduction velocity test (NCV's).
- Performs technically accurate and complete tests on all procedures, insuring quality results.
- Reports any pertinent information to appropriate individuals.
Responds to Code 100's.
- Upon notification, responds immediately to Code 100, being available to perform Electrocardiogram (EKG's) and assist with Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) as needed.
Completes and documents patient records.
- Completes all associated paperwork with each procedure in a timely manner insuring accuracy in documentation.
- Distributes all interpreted tests appropriately.
Infection control and safety.
- Adheres to department policy and procedure techniques concerning infection control and safety.
- Utilizes universal precautions.
- Participates in personal development and hospital continuing education programs.
- Assists with the training of new staff members as necessary.
- Actively pursues credentialing process.
- Participates in the department performance improvement program.
Maintains inventory of supplies.
- Monitors inventory of departmental supplies and contacts supervisor for ordering more supplies.
- Monitors equipment, insuring proper functional operation.
- Troubleshoots equipment.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment and replaces equipment as necessary.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Compassionate Care/AIDET and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System