- Purpose of Job
- The Security Officer is responsible for enforcing policy, providing assistance and direction, responding to emergencies, and providing protection to personnel, visitors, and property to ensure a safe and secure environment at all Methodist Health System properties.
- Job Requirements
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) required.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree desired, preferably in Criminal Justice of Law Enforcement; or equivalent experience.
- Certificate of Threat Pattern Recognition (TPR) required within 1st year of employment.
- Certificate of Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) required within 1st year of employment.
- 2 – 3 years previous Security experience preferred.
- Certificate in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/Automated External Defibrillator (CPR/AED) not required, but preferred within 6 months of hire with annual training.
- Valid and current driver’s license with no more than 3 moving violations/at-fault accidents within the last 3 years required.
- Some or all jobcodes in this position require
access to secured data and systems governed by the Nuclear Regulatory
Commission and the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. If
this jobcode requires access, as identified by the supervisor, both regulatory
bodies require a screening. Successful completion of this screening is
required to assume this position. In certain circumstances, additional
screening is required to meet a higher level of access. If the jobcode
requires access, failure to complete the applicable access level screening
results in the candidate becoming ineligible for the job.
- Knowledge of statutory and case laws regarding arrest, detention, and search and seizure preferred.
- Skilled in operating 4x4 trucks, shuttle bus, and other vehicles preferred.
- Skilled in operation of security department equipment required.
- Basic computer skills required and knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, preferred.
- Skilled in and proficient with verbal de-escalation techniques preferred.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction with staff and customers required.
- Strong written communication skills to produce detailed incident reports required.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend various written reports and documents required.
- Able to multi-task required.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Very Heavy Work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force.
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Distinguish colors
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electric Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-Ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors,
outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Provides security at assigned Health System facilities by conducting internal/external foot patrols and vehicular patrols to ensure a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, guests, and staff.
Mentors employees by explaining policies, work procedures, and demonstrating use and maintenance of equipment to ensure compliance with departmental procedures.
Utilizes access programs by producing photo identification cards, monitor doors and alarms, and running reports as required to support the organization's restricted areas.
Implements the facility's disaster plan by coordinating with the House Supervisor or Administrative Coordinator in the absence of department management to comply with emergency preparedness protocols.
Supports outside agencies, such as fire department, police department, helicopter services, organ donation, contractors, by assisting them according to departmental policies and procedures to ensure a successful outcome of request.
Provides security escort for deceased persons and valuables by following established departmental policies and procedures and infection control guidelines and by completing proper documentation to ensure a safe and dignified transport/transfer is conducted.
Conducts patient, visitor, employee, and monetary escorts by following established departmental policies and procedures to ensure safe delivery.
Provides assistance to injured or ill patients, customers, and staff by following departmental policies and procedures to ensure medical treatment is offered.
Responds to all hospital emergencies and completes assigned tasks by following departmental policies and procedures and/or administration directives to establish a safe and secure environment.
Controls combative, unruly, or intoxicated persons on Health System properties by utilizing officer presence, verbal communication skills, and/or defensive tactics according to departmental policies and state/local laws to establish situational control.
Assists with the Lost and Found program by properly receiving lost items, tagging, documenting, storing, and securing lost items with the goal of returning the lost items to the rightful owners.
Provides accurate and detailed documentation of all incidents by using the Patient Safety Incident Reporting program to record information for future use.
Adheres to safety and infection control guidelines by use of personal protective equipment (PPE) when necessary according to Infection Control policies to ensure a safe environment.
Participates in committees or other ad hoc groups as directed by department management to provide departmental participation.
Demonstrates the ability to foster a cooperative work environment by working well with others and fully understanding the diversity of those we work with by displaying a positive attitude at all times.
Is able to maintain a professional and customer centric composure in difficult or challenging situations.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.