- Purpose of Job
- The Room Service Ambassador prepares and delivers patient and guest trays to patient rooms within the hospital by using exceptional customer service and following departmental policies and procedures.
- Job Requirements
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) preferred.
- 6 months food service experience preferred, preferably in a hospitality industry, which may include culinary, with strong emphasis in customer service.
- Food Handler's Certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of food production and delivery process preferred.
- Knowledge of computers preferred.
- Basic math skills required.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction with staff and customers required.
- Strong customer service skills required, including face-to-face and telephone, required.
- Able to read, write, and carry out oral and written instructions with accuracy and efficiency required.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Frequent (67%-100%):
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Prepares assembly area for room service tray production by conducting pre-service quality checks and maintaining the cleanliness of the assembly area to ensure the area is ready for the preparation of patient and guest trays.
Maintains adequate level of food and supplies for appropriate service by ensuring par levels in food service area and nourishment centers are met and maintained.
Assembles and delivers patient food trays to the patient's room by following Room Service guidelines to ensure all orders are accurate and delivered in a pre-established time guideline.
Assists with the production and preparation of food items to ensure Room Service orders are prepared and delivered in a timely manner.
Interacts and helps support patients, families, hospital staff, and Food Service team with Room Service orders and/or questions on a daily basis in a welcoming and professional manner to ensure excellent customer service is met and maintained.
Assists patients with pre-meal service, including removing lids and opening packets, by following Room Service guidelines to ensure patients are satisfied and needs are met.
Retrieves Room Service tray carts from designated areas and assists with the cleaning of Room Service trays to ensure continuity of service.
Follows proper food handling procedures and complies with quality performance standards to ensure a safe and sanitary environment.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Compassionate Care/AIDET and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System