- Purpose of Job
- The Radiologic Technologist Urgent Care works at an Urgent Care Clinic and works evenings and weekends. Performs accurate and quality radiological tests on patients.
- Performs diagnostic imaging examinations.
- Job Requirements
- Diploma/Associate degree from approved American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (AART) School of Radiology Technology required.
- Bachelor degree from approved American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (AART) School of Radiology Technology preferred.
- 1 year of experience in Radiology is preferred.
- Current and maintained license from the Department of Public Health required for the work state.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) registered or board eligible required.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate and interact with patients and family members as well as providers and coworkers.
- Must have analytical skills necessary to manage exposure factors and the ability to perform numerous tasks at once.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Rare (1-33%): -
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Frequent (67%-100%):
- Biological agents (primary air born & blood borne viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF).
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-Ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc).
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means).
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations.
- Note: Safety Officer can assist with identification of job hazards.
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Identifies each patient by two identifiers and ensures patient understanding of pending procedure.
- Provides comfort measures and engages patient to obtain optimal cooperation and positioning.
- Correctly identifies anatomical position with use of initialized lead markers.
- Critiques each exam for technical and positional accuracy and makes appropriate corrections if necessary.
- Performs Exams as their priority dictates.
- Provides management of department workflow with minimal assistance or as needed.
- Review orders for clinical and demographic consistency and verifies accuracy.
- Willfully assists physicians, patients, and coworkers as needed during exams.
- Willingly seeks opportunity to provide patient care, or assist others as needed.
- Understand and support the direction and workflow of the department.
- Maintain awareness of ongoing exams and assist co-workers as needed.
- Provide exam information and status updates to pertinent staff members.
- Relieves co-workers from procedures/exams as necessary.
- Be in the department and ready to work at the start of scheduled shift.
- Have processes set in place to allow for leaving at the end of scheduled shift.
- Perform radiology reception duties including but not limited to: Answer phones, schedule appointments, enter orders and reminder calls as needed.
- Perform radiology medical record clerk duties as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of system applications.
- Consistently uses proper system applications for order modification, to document comments and exposures/repeats.
- Starts and completes own exams correctly and in a timely manner.
- Show a working knowledge of Order View/Entry capabilities.
- Consistently uses the Online Worklist to monitor orders and order status.
Articulates and/or demonstrates knowledge of systems.
- Articulates knowledge of Digital Dictation System.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of PACS (picture archiving and communication system).
- Identifies and resolves image exceptions as needed.
- Provides memo comments as needed for study interpretation.
- Ensures proper patient identification on all study images to comply with department policies and procedures.
- Willingly seeks opportunity to provide patient care or assist others as needed.
- Shows knowledge of department guidelines through responsible behavior/actions.
- Report issues/concerns to supervisor as soon as possible and provide assistance with resolution/follow-up.
- Provides and monitors “on the job training” per Methodist College Standards.
- Maintains professional and courteous relationship with students and instructors.
- Provide leadership and guidance for students' education clinical experience.
- Maintains patient confidentiality coinciding with HIPAA.
- Maintain student/co-worker confidentiality coinciding with FERPA.
Provides appropriate care specific to the age of the patient to ensure understanding and comfort level of treatment as outlined in the “Age Specific Criteria”.
- Successfully completes annual Age Specific Competency Quiz.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Characteristics of a 5 Star Employee - Peer Review
Help improve performance by evaluating how consistently your peer role models the characteristics listed.
Resource Identification and Utilization
- Demonstrates and/or responsible for practice standards that reflect best practice.
- Considered to be a resource by peers.
- Responsible for delivery of clinical quality and regulatory standards of care.
- Responsible need for, and identifies appropriate community resources to achieve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving and ability to improve efficiency of work.
- Makes decisions based on evidence-based practice or research.