- Purpose of Job
- Responsible for ensuring the linen supply is appropriate and available to all patient care areas.
- Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) required.
- 6 months previous linen experience preferred, preferably within a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of linen distribution preferred.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills for positive interaction with staff and customers preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Able to follow verbal and written directions required.
- Knowledge of MRI Level II safety regulations for delivery linen to MRI area by successfully completing safety education after hire. Failure to complete the applicable education will result in the candidate becoming ineligle for Linen Technician job.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Rare (1-33%): - Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Services MRI area which requires a higher level of access to the MRI Level II Zone by note wearing metal and using proper linen delivery carts that do not contain metal.
Maintains and operates linen delivery cart. Promptly reports any equipment needing repairs so it may be serviced and returned to use as soon as possible.
Sorts and places clean linen into appropriate shelves and exchange carts to be delivered to ensure patient care areas have an adequate linen supply.
Stocks linen supply to patient care areas and enters quantities delivered into the ControlTex linen program to ensure linen par levels are met and maintained.
- Responds in a timely manner to requests for additional linens.
Adjusts standing linen orders by contacting linen supply vendor to increase or decrease par levels to meet daily demand levels.
Performs daily cleaning of the linen storage and distribution area to ensure a clean environment.
- Includes cleaning and disinfecting of all work surfaces, daily dust mopping and mopping of floors, and weekly high dusting of vents and ledges.
Reports any problems, deficiencies, or incomplete linen tasks to team leader or next shift, as appropriate.
Cleans and services assigned areas of assigned facilities in a timely manner by using established procedures to ensure a safe and sanitary environment for patients, customers, and staff.
Maintains and operates equipment safely, such as carts, buckets, vacuums, buffers, and extractors, to ensure thorough cleaning of assigned facilities.
- Promptly reports any equipment needing repairs so it may be serviced and returned to use as soon as possible.
Mixes and uses chemicals and products, such as disinfectants, glass cleaners, acids, solvents, strippers, finishes, etc., according to manufacturer's directions and department procedures to ensure products are used at the proper dilution and appropriate applications.
- Obtains or requests needed supplies in a timely manner to ensure no shortages or outages and to maintain productivity.
Consistently adheres to Infection Control and Safety guidelines to ensure a safe work environment.
- Reports any unsafe conditions or accidents immediately to ensure problems are corrected and any injuries are promptly treated and documented.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System