- Purpose of Job
- Accountable for the delivery of quality care to patients and families according to the individualized needs of the patient.
- Job Requirements
- Successful completion of annual mandatory education requirements.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing required.
- A minimum of 2 years nursing experience required.
- Previous ambulatory coordination experience preferred.
- Current valid license, valid compact multi-state license, or a temporary permit while awaiting licensure required for work state.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required.
- Certification(s) in area of specialty preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate and interact with patients, family members, hospital personnel, and co-workers.
- Knowledge of nursing best practices for assigned area.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to learn, retain, and utilize computer skills that are required for department and hospital information system.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Hazardous Drugs (exposure risks, personal protective equipment required)
- Frequent (67%-100%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Provide appropriate care specific to the age of the customer/patient, to ensure understanding and comfort level of treatment as outlined in the Population Specific Criteria.
Perform initial and ongoing assessment to determine the patient's needs.
- Update chart when performing new patient consults and phone triage.
- Prioritize data collection according to patient's immediate needs.
Develop individualized plan of care to address the holistic needs for optimum outcomes.
- Collaborate with providers and other clinical disciplines as appropriate.
- Provide teaching specific to the patient.
- Ensure care plan reflects continuing care needs and/or referrals.
- Implement interventions that are consistent with the established care plan.
- Follow nursing protocols and standards of care.
- Maintain a current knowledge of specialized techniques.
- Ensure patient safety during care.
Perform technical skills competently and independently to ensure patient safety (autonomy).
- Learn and apply new skills and equipment within areas' specifications and time frame.
- Demonstrate correct and safe technique in the use of equipment according to specific product information and policy and procedure manuals.
- Follow appropriate procedure for obtaining and returning or cleaning/disposing of equipment and supplies.
Initiate action to correct, prevent or minimize risk to those in the facility.
- Complete appropriate report.
- Follow up on unresolved issues.
- Work within the scope of practice as defined by Nurse Practice Act.
Ensure supplies and equipment are used according to policy.
Guide patients to make informed decisions, collaborating with clinical staff as needed.
Facilitate planning and provides education to patients and families about their individual diagnosis and treatment options.
Support and navigate each patient through treatment by reinforcing education and coordinating information and care with clinical staff.
Refer patients to appropriate support programs and resources.
Instruct patients and families about screening, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Perform weekly fertility education class and individual fertility education.
Maintain databases specific to InVitro Fertilization.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System