- Purpose of Job
- Accountable for the delivery of quality care to patients and families according to the individualized needs of the patient. Lead and coordinate the Cath/EP Team in collaboration with management.
- Job Requirements
- Minimum graduate of a Licensed Practical nursing program required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN), or Bachelor degree from approved American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (AART) School of Radiology Technology preferred.
- Successful completion of an advanced Cardiac Dysrhythmia course preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of Electrophysiology Lab experience required.
- Experience with nursing or Rad Tech required.
- Current valid license in professional discipline LPN, RN or Rad Tech required.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Current American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification required.
- Certification(s) in area of specialty preferred.
- From National Certification Corporation (NCC) within 1 year of eligibility.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate and interact with patients, family members, hospital personnel, and co-workers.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to learn, retain, and utilize computer skills that are required for department and hospital information system.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Computer knowledge with abilities in word processing required.
- Knowledge of databases preferred.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Coordinate patient flow and assignments to ensure proper coverage.
Review cases and ensure all supplies and equipment are ordered and ready for each case.
Maintain departmental supplies, ordering items as needed.
Ensure items for all new procedures and/or physicians are available.
Coordinate in-services and staff training on items used in the department.
Coordinate and collaborate with all sales reps and their clinical professionals.
Provide feedback and support to staff.
Coordinate equipment allocation and repairs to maintain functionality.
Make sure all preference cards are updated and accurate.
Provide case support/coordination.
Provide direct patient care based on licensure as needed.
Organize and maintain vendor contact information.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.