- Purpose of Job
- Greet and screen guests (e.g., taking temperature, completing questionnaire, etc.) for symptoms at assigned facility ensuring compliance with established protocols.
- Job Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Bilingual ability preferred.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Skill with verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work with the public in a professional manner.
- Ability to handle irate and uncooperative guests.
- Ability to communicate with others through a glass barrier.
- Ability to transport or escort guests to appropriate location within facility.
- Ability to work at various locations during hours worked.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Greet patients, employees and others in a professional manner.
Perform required screening tests (e.g., temperature, health and travel questions, etc.) to ensure compliance with applicable infection control guidance.
Give directions and provide information about the facility as able.
Deescalate situations with difficult individuals, calling for security backup as needed.
Maintain work area in an organized and sanitary manner.
Report cases of positive and negative responses according to established protocols.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.