- Purpose of Job
- Recruits for exempt and non-exempt positions for Methodist Health System which includes reviewing applications, interviewing, selecting and when needed completing the necessary on-boarding paperwork.
- Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business, or related area required.
- Associate's degree in Human Resources, business or related area plus 2 to 3 years of specific recruiting experience required.
- 1-3 years recent experience in recruiting required, preferably in health care.
- Some positions being recruited potentially require access to secured data and systems governed by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. If a position requires access, as identified by the job description, both regulatory bodies require a screening. Successful completion of this screening is required to meet a higher level of access. If required access, failure to complete the applicable access level screening results in the candidate becoming ineligible for the job.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of employment functions and hiring regulations and laws.
- Proficient skill to utilize computer to include MS Outlook, Excel, Word and social media.
- Ability to effectively communication with applicants, all levels of hospital/health system/clinic staff and individuals external to the organization.
- Ability to effectively organize work to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to manage fast paced workload with changing priorities.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Assists supervisors in maintaining appropriate staffing levels by filling open positions. This will be accomplished by pre-screening applications, interviewing qualified candidates in a timely manner and scheduling interviews with the hiring supervisor.
Serves as a resource to the organization to increase management effectiveness by assisting supervisors in learning about employment selection and interviewing processes.
Selects appropriate candidates to ensure competency and qualifications of candidates in accordance with job descriptions.
- Uses the Health System selection tool, taking into consideration the needs of the specific department and supervisor.
- Follows internal policies and procedures and legal, moral and ethical human resources standards.
Recommends appropriate pay rates to supervisors to ensure pay equity for employees by completing
wage calculations in accordance with compensation policies and procedures.
Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current job openings to ensure best fit for candidate and organization.
- Posts positions on a daily basis.
- Communicates regularly with supervisors regarding the open positions.
- Refers to the job list and job log on a regular basis.
- Completes necessary transfer processes (similar to new hire process) to facilitate excellent selection of internal applicants.
Writes and places job postings on various recruiting sites such as social media sites, job web-sites and newspapers/magazines.
Attends job and career fairs to promote Methodist Health System opportunities.
Maintains up-to-date knowledge/requirements for each position by obtaining a current job description to ensure the most qualified applicant is hired.
- Builds relationship with department personnel and supervisors to best understand fit dynamics.
Completes all necessary entry into Applicant Tracking to ensure appropriate, timely and correct information is maintained in the database.
May assist with the on-boarding process for new hires.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.