- Purpose of Job
- This role is responsible for providing high quality service to those in various areas of the facility based on assignment. Duties include, but are not limited to, delivering meal carts to patient units, aiding in the meal set up at bedside, discarding of soiled trays, sanitation activities, serving food and assisting guests and patients.
- Job Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum age requirement is 16 years old.
- One year food service experience preferred.
- Ablity to read and follow written/verbal instructions.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, supervisors, managers, vendor representatives, customers and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer preferred.
- Basic food-handling skills preferred.
- Ability to interact with all individuals in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to patients, residents and employees.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Ability to comply with any dress code requirements.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Physical Requirements
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus, with or without correct lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 4 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may involve outside activities and events.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Provides fast friendly, professional and responsive customer service.
Operates a cash register, receives payments of cash and charges from customers or employees for goods or services, making change and issuing receipts or tickets to customers.
Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, season and kneed foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment.
Sets up stations with entrees, soups, salads, breads condiments, other food products and utensils.
Provides general stocking duties in service areas.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values ~ Living Our Values, and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System