- Purpose of Job
- Provide effective student instruction to meet course objectives.
- Job Requirements
- Completion of terminal degree deemed appropriate per programmatic needs in the assigned discipline from a regionally accredited institution required, with a minimum of 18 semester hours in content-specific related field; master’s and/or doctoral degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in area relevant to program assignment required; one or more years of experience in teaching at the post-secondary level is preferred.
- Where appropriate, Nebraska licensure and national certifications are required of faculty employed at Nebraska Methodist College.
- Ability to provide academic instruction, read, analyze, interpret and grade academic assignments in a higher educational environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computer and standard office applications.
- Knowledge of various teaching methods and adult learning styles.
- Skill in the effective use of resources including time, information and available services.
- Knowledge and support of the College mission statement and its values.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- NOTE: Faculty who work with students completing clinical assignments will be required to meet Medium Work standards-exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Factors: Instructional Responsibilities: Demonstrate effective instructional methodology.
Command of the subject and use of effective teaching/learning methods.
In conjunction with Program Director and/or Course Coordinator, facilitate clear formulation of learning objectives/outcomes demonstrated by thorough course planning, and thorough preparation for individual classroom, laboratory, and/or clinical sessions.
Skill in communicating with students and challenging them to go beyond what is required.
Effective course implementation through the use of a variety of instructional methods, as appropriate, to foster an environment to stimulate student interest and pursuit of learning.
Integrity, open-mindedness and objectivity in presenting material.
Ability to relate the subject to other areas of knowledge.
Collaboration with other faculty in the development of curriculum.
assessment of student learning.
of constructive feedback in a timely manner to students to foster professional
Punctuality and reliability in conduct of classes.
Course revision as needed to increase effectiveness
Summarize (list in comments) any additional instructional responsibilities, activities, or accomplishment(s) for the review period.
Demonstrate interpersonal and team skills
- Supports collegiality by behaving in a professional manner with faculty, staff and administration.
- Responds to communications and requests in a timely fashion.
- Treats staff and faculty in a professional manner.
- Supports College strategic initiatives.
- Responds appropriately to guidance and constructive criticism.
- Maintains a professional appearance appropriate for the position.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values and Standards of Behavior.
- Participates in required meetings and events as appropriate.
- Fulfills mandatory job requirements (e.g., timely submission of syllabi and grades, AOR, maintenance of certification/licensure, related employee health requirements as applicable).
- Summarize (list in comments) any effective instructional methodology as applicable for the review period.
Methodist Health System