- Purpose of Job
Knowledge of non-invasive cardiology, which encompasses inpatient telemetry and heart rhythm monitoring, bedside EKG's, and non-invasive cardiac rhythm devices. Accountable to support the development, maintenance, and coordination of programs, policies, education, compliance, and performance improvement related to non-invasive cardiology. Provides direct patient care as related to non-invasive cardiology, and monitoring as needed.
- Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors of Science degree in health care or management related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years current non-invasive cardiology experience required.
- Managerial or programmatic coordination experience preferred.
- Advanced arrhythmia recognition and basic 12 lead EKG interpretations required.
- Certification and registry in electrocardiography - Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) or Certified Rhythm Analysis Technician (CRAT) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) within 6 months of hire required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required. (American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.)
- Ability to organize and manage multiple concurrent tasks required.
- Strong organizational, analytical and research skills required.
- Well-ordered approach to problem solving required.
- Ability to anticipate and respond effectively to changes in direction and priorities required.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Flexibility and dedication to team environment required.
- Knowledge of Phillips telemetry, EKG system and cart, cardiac event records, Cerner system and holter monitors required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and hospital information system required.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Not neccessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Rare (1-33%):
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Frequent (67%-100%): - Equipment/Machinery/Tools
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Provide clinical direction, coordination, and support to assigned staff, CV management and administration in the area of non-invasive cardiology.
- Participate in the hiring, orientation, counseling and evaluation of assigned monitor and cardiac personnel.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor employee clinical education and competency.
- Acts as resource to internal and external key stakeholders in the area of non-invasive cardiology.
- Provide direct clinical support to patients as needed as related to non-invasive cardiology.
Provide operational support to cardiovascular management and administration in the area of non-invasive cardiology.
- Assist manager in fiscal management, including but not limited to billing, revenue, expense and associated variance.
- Assist with coordinating, monitoring, and prioritizing of strategic capital needs and infrastructure.
- Assist with coordinating, monitoring, and implementing policy and procedures in accordance with current internal and external regulatory standards.
- Ensure patient care assignments are based on patient needs and staff competency. Ensure that appropriate numbers of competent staff are available to meet patient care needs. Serve as a clinical expert in the assessment of the patient population.
Provide performance improvement (PI) support to cardiovascular management and administration in the area of non-invasive cardiology.
- Develop, monitor, and sustain PI programs to ensure optimal quality patient care services outcomes.
- Evaluate and monitor prioritized clinical and operational against best practice national benchmarks.
- Analyze and present outcomes data to facilitate improvements.
Follow policies/procedures/regulatory requirements and perform other work assignments.
- Comply with all departmental and organizational policies and procedures in addition to regulatory requirements (such as OSHA, CMS, Joint Commission, etc.) and participate in corporate/departmental safety and quality activities.
Assess data and provide age specific care and/or demonstrate awareness of the environment for various populations being served.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.