- Purpose of Job
- Responsible for processing incoming and outgoing shipments to the operating room to ensure excellent customer service is met and maintained.
- Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D) required
- 6 months previous stock clerk experience preferred.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction with staff and customers required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Basic data entry skills required.
- Able to operate material handling equipment, such as pallet jacks and motorized carts, required.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend various written reports and documents required.
- Able to travel to various locations required.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Not Related:
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Fill and deliver supplies to assigned departments by following departmental procedures to ensure departments receive their items within established timeframes.
Maintains adequate levels of supplies to MOR, OPS, Preop/Pacu & GI Lab.
- By restocking to the predetermined par levels using handheld device.
Cleans and maintains equipment in department to comply with departmental policies and procedures.
Responsible for learning proper operation of handheld devices and all other equipment in department.
Performs and maintains proper rotation of stock in department.
- Removes outdated product.
Responsible for restocking department on daily basis by placing supplies in proper location, collecting credits and returning to department stock.
Responsible for handling customers with tact and efficiency.
- Using proper phone etiquette when answering phone.
- Obtaining accurate information and understanding request.
- Carrying department pager and answering calls in a timely manner.
Responsible for pulling OR surgery cases.
- Understands how to read preference sheet.
- Can locate items using preference sheet.
Performs knowledge of computer system.
- Order surgery cases, locate items and understand how supplies are ordered.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System