- Purpose of Job
- The Maintenance/Plant OPS Mechanic is responsible for repairing and maintaining hospital utility systems, maintenance and plant equipment.
- Job Requirements
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) required.
- 3 years previous maintenance experience required, preferably in plant maintenance or building mechanical/utility systems.
- Valid and current driver's license required.
- Obtain City of Omaha 3rd Grade Engineering License within 2 years of start date.
- Knowledge of mechanical and utility systems in buildings required.
- Knowledge of hospital maintenance preferred.
- Basic electronical, plumbing, and refrigeration skills required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction with staff and customers required.
- Able to work independently required.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend various written reports and documents required.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force.
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Distinguish colors
- Not Related: - Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Frequent (67%-100%): - Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Performs preventative maintenance/repair activities to include the following: HVAC equipment including chiller and cooling tower cleaning, boiler systems, pumps, domestic water system, minor electrical and plumbing, pneumatic tube system, refrigeration and refrigeration monitoring systems, bed repair and furniture repair, to ensure a safe and efficient hospital operation.
Initiates and processes purchase orders and service requests by working with vendors and Purchasing to ensure departmental ability to provide essential maintenance services to various facilities within the Health System.
Enters and retrieves data in system program (AIMS) and 4111, including work orders, preventative maintenance activities, equipment failure, incident reports, and daily work activities to ensure documentation is completed and department is compliant with Health System requirements.
Maintains an appropriate inventory of parts and maintenance supplies by using department inventory control methods to ensure timely, cost efficient maintenance and repairs to Health System facilities.
Removes snow and treats icy conditions on parking lots, drives, sidewalks, steps, and other Health System areas by using 4 wheel drive trucks, tractors, bobcats, hand snow blowers, shovels, sanders, and other related tools to ensure a safe external environment.
Maintains a clean work environment by sweeping and picking up debris to ensure a clean and safe environment for patients and staff.
Reads and understands equipment manuals and troubleshoots equipment failures by attending training in-services to maintain and repair equipment according to manufacturer's requirements.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System