- Purpose of Job
- Responsible for electronic health record data integrity.
- Job Requirements
- Minimum associate's degree in Health Information Management or other Health Care related field or a minimum of 3 years of informatics experience with the intent of completion of associate's degree within 1-2 years.
- Previous Health Information Management/Clinical Coding experience required.
- Requires minimum of 1 year experience in Health Care setting (ambulatory/acute care).
- Experience with implementation and use of an Electronic Health Records(EHR) system in an acute care hospital setting preferred.
- Prefer Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)credentials.
- Requires the ability to provide transportation to other campus locations within a reasonable timeframe.
- The employee must learn and be proficient with the facility EHR application within the first 90 days of starting in position.
- Working knowledge of medical record documentation requirements and medical record content.
- Must have a good working knowledge of an EHR either through experience or education.
- Possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication.
- Excellent customer service, analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Organize and prioritize work with minimal over sight.
- Work effectively with rapidly changing priorities.
- Articulate problems and offer solutions to resolve them.
- Make decisions in the absence of a supervisor or manager.
- Analyze data, problem solve, implement solutions to problems correctly, and write procedures.
- Work independently or in a team setting.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office software products.
- Must be able to flex schedule to accommodate health system initiatives.
- Must be able to work in office environment where interruptions can be frequent and travel to other campus locations regularly.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force
- Not necessary for the position
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born & blood borne viruses)
(Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-Ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Rare (1%-33%):
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors,
outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Demonstrates the skills and knowledge for medical record analysis to assure medical record accuracy by analyzing records for deficiencies as defined by analysis procedure.
- Train medical record staff on analysis procedures, including document type correction.
- Ensure the correct deficiencies are send to the provider's message center.
Review, correct, and assist in the resolution of data integrity issues to assure medical record completion, by working with, system end users, and/or system's Information Technology team.
Responsible for electronic health record data integrity procedures to align with hospital policies by updating any associated analysis procedures.
Provide education to physicians to assist in record documentation training and record integrity support by using Message Center functionality.
- Provide support to Deficiency Clerk during suspension process.
- Travel to provider offices to provide education to physician offices for record completion.
Create, monitor, and provide reports on employee performances, data integrity issues, and analysis functions to assure consistency with hospital policies by generating routine reports as to status of interfaces, In Progress Documents, and scanning errors as requested.
- Distribute inaccuracies in the electronic patient database to the HIM Service Leader and other departments as needed.
- Provide monthly and quarterly data analysis report to HIM Service Leader, as required.
- Develops graphs, reports and presentation of project results.
Liaison in conjunction with HIM Informatics with the IT Department, Registration, Revenue Cycle Department, clinicians, and other departments as required providing and implementing solutions to issues encountered as well as implementing and testing enhancements.
- Interact with IT support as needed in identifying and solving problems in a timely and efficient manner.
Be a resource with the Message Center for staff and other support staff. As well as act as the expert for Providers.
Act as a back-up for the Deficiency Clerk, Data Analyst and assist with EHR Training.
- Develop appropriate training and educational materials for HIM and other departments to ensure data integrity.
- Offer classes as necessary to ensure that staff can accurately input data into the electronic data.
- Trains new hires on the basics of Cerner and signs off on their completion.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System