- Purpose of Job
- Supervise campus facility operations and campus services in order to provide a safe, healthy, and comfortable campus environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in facilities management or business-related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years management or leadership experience required.
- Experience in operational and strategic planning as well as budget development preferred.
- Experience working in a healthcare facility or large commercial/educational facility preferred.
- Skill planning, delegating, time-management and problem solving.
- Skill using Microsoft Office.
- Skill with written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of applicable safety codes and regulations, including EPA, DOT, OSHA, JCAHO, NFPA, AIA, and CMS for fire and building codes.
- Ability to read and comprehend project plans and specifications.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend various written reports and documents.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
Schedule and supervise maintenance and repair activities, custodial services, contracted services, sustainability and capital projects.
- Ensure the physical operation of the college meets budgetary and strategic objectives.
Coordinate facility operations, planning and budget of Josie’s Village Campus Housing and Whispering Ridge Townhomes with property management company.
Supervise staff and lead customer service initiatives for front desk, Deja Brew and fitness center.
- Ensure staff receive training related to specific job tasks and responsibilities.
Establish and maintain excellent communication in and between departments.
- Coordinate office moves, furniture and wall moves and space allocation for campus classes, labs and events.
Ensure proper disposal of hazardous and controlled wastes in compliance with regulations and guidelines.
Contribute to strategic planning activities, providing information and recommendations related to job responsibilities.
Ensure facility safety, security and compliance with applicable standards.
Attend internal and external meetings.
- Communicate and work closely with MHS Integrated Services departments and MHS Construction to meet College facility operational and project management needs.
Manages the maintenance activities to include paint touch-up, repair of walls, doors and hardware, minor electrical and plumbing, flooring, and furniture repairs, to ensure a safe and efficient internal operation. Manages the snow and ice removal on parking lots, drives, sidewalks, steps, and other areas at the College to ensure a safe external environment.
Coordinate the completion of all campus related certification requirements for the fitness center, laboratories, Deja Brew and other related facilities.
Perform other related tasks as assigned.
Methodist Health System