- Purpose of Job
- Complete comprehensive evaluations of patients according to medical guidelines; health status evaluations, formulations, diagnoses, and detailed treatment plans; make referrals for further diagnostic medical testing as needed; provide, pharmacologic therapeutic interventions as necessary; maintain documentation, records, and reports in accordance with prevailing rules, regulations and standards. All activities of the Advanced Practice Provider shall be in accordance with State and Federal standards and Medical Staff Bylaws pertaining to Allied Health Professionals.
- Job Requirements
- Required: Current licensure in the State of Nebraska.
- Required: Prescriptive authority in Nebraska and DEA Certification
- Required: BLS, ACLS, & PALS.
- Preferred: Emergency Department experience as an Advanced Practice provider.
- Preferred: Specialization in Emergency Medicine.
- Preferred:Monitored ATLS.
- Preferred: Prior utilization of an electronic medical record to include provider order entry.
- Required: Strong verbal communication skills, ability to collaborate with health care professionals in various disciplines, team oriented, skilled in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a variety of diseases presenting in emergency medicine, skilled in developing a complete comprehensive medical record, skilled in providing care to patients across the age spectrum.
- Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift above 50 lbs. Continuously stand/walk or lift/handle/carry material or equipment of weights up to 50 lbs. Frequent hand use (Keyboarding, mouse usage, and handwriting)
- OSHA Category I: Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues, and other potentially infectious materials. Interaction with potentially combative patients.
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Promotion of the Methodist Fremont Health mission, vision and values.
Completes a comprehensive evaluation of patients according to medical guidelines to include physical exam, testing, treatment, and disposition.
Maintains a complete medical record.
Demonstrates the ability to assess all body systems and complete needed interventions/procedures for each system within their scope of practice.
Communicates clearly / effectively with patients and family members regarding the treatment plan, test results, disease processes, home care and follow-up.
Utilizes the AIDET concept when interacting with patients/families.
Demonstrates compliance with the bylaws, rules/regulations, policy/procedures of the hospital and medical staff, as they pertain to Advanced Practice Providers.
Participates in performance improvement initiatives to improvement care and treatment of ED patients.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values ~ Living Our Values, and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System